MyRAC Vehicle Details from Number Plate

Options
Tony_H_3
Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Click Here takes you to the RAC homepage, select MyRAC (4th down on left hand menu) and upon registering you are able to search for vehicle details using it's number plate.

This might be useful in providing vehicle details after an accident / incident. You might want to briefly check correct year of manufacture or number of last owners etc.

Enjoy!!

Comments

• ReductionQueen
    Options
    I must admit I panicked a bit when I saw this post, so went to have a look, and at least doesn't give out any 'sensitive' details such as name and address of keeper, thank god! It's interesting, but I can't see what use it is, apart from seeing if a number plate belongs to the type and colour of car it's currently attached to.

However, I did run a few of our work vans, and found that one of them stood outside (recently taxed) apparently doesn't exist, yet one we lost in an accident (gone and not taxed) is still on the DVLA records! So, if you try out your car, or are looking for some details and don't get them, don't be too upset if you don't find them!

As I said, interesting just the same.
    "Excuse me, this expires today, will you be reducing it?"
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I must admit I panicked a bit when I saw this post, so went to have a look, and at least doesn't give out any 'sensitive' details such as name and address of keeper, thank god!

The DVLA will give anybody that asks the name and address of the registered keeper in return for £2.50.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/relinfo.htm

All you need to do is "show reasonable cause for needing the information".
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The dates of manufacture shown are not correct - for both of our cars, they are shown as 31 December (although the year is correct).
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are probably not able to obatain the date of manufacture, only the date of registration, so therefore they give the manufacture date as the end of the year the vehicle was registered in.

The information is the same (or less) than the info on the V5, I suppose its quite a good site to check the vehicle details if all you have is the V5/2- small green tear-off slip from bottom of V5, or its a vehicle your thinking about buying.
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport