Metropolitan Collection Services (HSBC)

Options

Comments

• Lensman_2
    Lensman_2 Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone considering a full and final settlement should read and understand the following:
    http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=24_full_and_final_settlement_offers

Also understand that the minimum they will accept will be directly proportional to the chance that they think they can get payment in full.
  • AngryDog
    Options
    Hey AngryDog

Did you get anywhere with Met? I'm thinking about trying to negotiate with them.

SAAC

Not yet. I'm calling them today for an update
    As at End of June 2014
    Credit Cards - HSBC - £9422
    Loans - NRAM £7500 & £12848
  • AngryDog
    AngryDog Posts: 445 Forumite
    Options
    Accepted :). £400 to pay off £1234.39.

5 down, 3 to go!
    As at End of June 2014
  • sickasachip13
    Options
    Bloody hell, that's great.... you have got it all in writing yes?

SAAC
  • AngryDog
    AngryDog Posts: 445 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks.

Yes I do, I received a letter from them stating that they accept my offer :)
    As at End of June 2014
  • sickasachip13
    Options
    Well, as we all know the preditors make it up as they go along so who knows what they'll offer me BUT your story makes me hopeful. Well done again.

Fingers crossed I update positively soon :beer:
  • sickasachip13
    Options
    (btw, did you have to negotiate for long)?
  • AngryDog
    Options
    Good luck :).

No, I just made an offer and they referred it, then I received the letter this morning.
    As at End of June 2014
  • After trying to find advice on this for my self and not having much luck thought I'd post.

Basic history, long story cut short is: ran up loan and credit card with hsbc, left my job, moved home expecting to enter a new job, it fell through leaving me unable to pay, debt passed to mcs/dg/cdru.

I called them this morning with a view to pay off the remaining balance (£1688) but at a reduced rate (I was thinking £1200 which equates to about 70% give or take) - after explaining this to the lady on the other end of the phone she told me that it would only show as a partial settlement and therefore have a negative impact on my credit rating. I have therefore paid the full amount and now fully intend to persue hsbc for my missold ppi compensation =)

I'm not sure if what she told me is true but after all this time I feel relieved to have finally paid them off :T
  • I have £818 debt with HSBC and Central debt recovery unit are contacting my parents address to collect the repayment. Should I phone CDRU and make a payment plan? I've never had debt and am really scared someone please help it's ruining my life and can't eat or sleep. Xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure