We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

big bad Barclays

Options
To date I have asked for my statements on the13th of February it took Barclays a month to respond and I received my statements by the 13th of March 2007
They returned my cheque for ten pounds and informed me that this was a free service they offered isn’t that nice
well it seems that they had charged me £1551.06 this figure includes the interest so I suppose I have already paid for the statements,
any way I sent off the request letter for them to pay the overcharged money with interest this was sent on the 15th of march and I received a letter back by the 22nd to say that the charges were imposed as to the terms and conditions of the account which I had agreed to upon opening the account some 20 years ago .
Then the letter deviates to offer me the sum of £940 as full and final settlement of the complaint and by signing and returning a declaration letting them off the hook the matter would be finished.... MY answer was NO so I have sent letter 3 off on the 23rd of march requesting full payment within 14 days otherwise the matter will be referred to court
Lets see what the 6th of April brings
I will keep you all up to date with my progress copy letters of Barclays responses are available from me on request
My advice so far is do not give up and send every thing recorded delivery
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family