We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Please Help

Options
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquemonkey
This is the very twee letter I received from them.
Dear xxx
I am sorry you are unhappy about your ac charges.
Like any business we do make a charge for some of our xtra services. When customers don't have enough in their acc's to cover a payment, this always means extra work, and has to happen quickly. We have to agree to make the payment by setting up or increasing an overdraft, or tell customers we cannot agree it.
Of course it is only fair too, that we are completely open about any charged for services before you might need them. Thats why we take care to give every new customer the latest guide to our charges (I've been with LLOYDS for the best part of 20 years and never received any such thing!)You can also get up to date details about fees and borrowing rates at all our branches, through our helpline and on our website.
Just as importantly we do everything we can to help our customers avoid these charges. You can get an up to date balance enquiry at any of our cash machines,,over the phone, on line or by text.
If you know a payment is going to take you over your agreed limit you are welcome to see if there is anything we can do....(yeah right - offer me a loan at extortionate rates!)
The OFT has published new guidelines on credit card default charges ???(very odd I never asked about these?)We're still talking it through with them, but the important point is that the guidelines are about "default" charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. This does not apply to your Charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit. Theny are not default charges because you have not broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations.
I understand that you may also have some concerns about us sharing your information with credit reference agencies we use, I'd like to re-assure you that this does not apply to bank charges, only white data payments to credit card, loan or mortgage acs.
I do hope that you can see that we make our charging as fair as possible and why I cannot agree to cancel your charges.
Referred me to Ombudman etc.,

I EXPECTED THIS RESPOONSE FROM LLOYDS AND WONDERED IF THERE IS ANYONE MORE IN THE KNOW THAN ME WHO CAN HELP ME TO CONSTRUCT A LETTER BACK...ARE THEY RIGHT? I COULD GIVE UP

many thanks

Very Very disappointed LLOYDS TSB Customer!

I got practically the same letter from LTSB. My first letter they ignored and I only received this after threatening court action.

As I'm not going to get anywhere with them and I assume this is to try and fob people off, I guess I just proceed to MCOL?
I've just got this same letter...

What shall i do now go to MCOL. Or leave it for a week?[/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills