PPI - Marks & Spencers

Options
I recently submitted a PPI Claim to Marks and Spencers and received a reply stating that they were not upholding the claim but out of goodwill they would give me a payment of approx 150.00.
Has anyone else been claimed from Marks & Spencers and were they successful?

Comments

• Ms-Money-Penny
    Options
    Can i ask how long the claim went back, interested as i have a claim in with them at the moment.

What was your reason for mis-selling - mine was a single premium ppi
  • mrs_wul
    mrs_wul Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    hi sorry for the late reply !!

My claim goes back 6 years. It has taken them approx 14 weeks to reply to me as they stated initially that they could not find my details !

I just wondered if anyone else had been successful in any claims with them with regards to ppi?

Good Luck with your claim
  • blackcats6
    Options
    mrs_wul wrote: »
    I recently submitted a PPI Claim to Marks and Spencers and received a reply stating that they were not upholding the claim but out of goodwill they would give me a payment of approx 150.00.
    Has anyone else been claimed from Marks & Spencers and were they successful?

Mine was for PPI on an M&S Money credit card. Refused to uphold my complaint for mis-selling on grounds that I took out the card in store and ticked the box for PPI. I have started an appeal with the ombudsman. Also, because I have had to claim on the insurance for ill health, they say that I needed the insurance as I have claimed on it. I have successfully claimed on another card and a loan, both of which I have made ill health claims on, although they took off the amount I received in claims from the amount of PPI money that I was owed. The ombudsman said that it might take up to 1 year to reach a conclusion, but I am prepared to wait.
  • dillie
    dillie Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Marks & Spencer Family Protection Plan

Am wondering why I was sold this in 1995 at the age of 47 with a grownup family!!
    Now at the age of 63 Im finding it difficult to meet the annual 5% increase, surely I should have been sold something more suitable?

HSBC took over recently plus I've found out there's no longer a conversion option, which I thought would be useful at the age I am now.
    Plan mature date is 2018 with 5% annual increases until then with no return unless I die before then!
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dillie wrote: »
    Marks & Spencer Family Protection Plan

Am wondering why I was sold this in 1995 at the age of 47 with a grownup family!!
    Now at the age of 63 Im finding it difficult to meet the annual 5% increase, surely I should have been sold something more suitable?

HSBC took over recently plus I've found out there's no longer a conversion option, which I thought would be useful at the age I am now.
    Plan mature date is 2018 with 5% annual increases until then with no return unless I die before then!

Am wondering why you bought it? Surely you should have bought something more suitable.

I think it's a case of miss bought rather than miss sold.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • dillie
    Options
    Still missold McKeff!!!!
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2012 at 10:13PM
    Options
    Still missold McKeff!!!!

Explain then please.

You bought it, knowing yu had grown up family??????

Why????

How much do you pay a year into it.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Still missold McKeff!!!!
    It's not PPI.
    Was this an advised sale or,more likely, did you simply fill in an application form ?
    Exactly how was it "mis-sold"?
  • dillie
    dillie Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2012 at 7:44AM
    Options
    Yes, wrong forum, it's M&S but not PPI - more ineptitude on my part!
  • nskeates
    Options
    my wife has a M&S chargecard with PPI on it. We have written off to M&S twice trying to claim for the PPI but just get back the standard letter of that she signed the PPI box. Over the box it states 'WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU TAKE THIS OUT' surely that is miss selling ???
    Has anybody successfully claimed Against M&S on a Chargecard ?

thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport