We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ooops...only given them 7 days

Options
Hi Moneysavers!

I am in the process of reclaiming over £2000 from the Abbey
All going ok, I sent off, got all my statements, sent the statutory "Pay up or else" letters, and recieved their standard "We are looking into it, please allow us 28 days" rubbish....And that is when I sent my final demand or I take you to court letter.

Trouble is....I only gave them 7 days to pay up, before I start legal proceedings, and I know realise it should have been 14 days.

Their time is up today...postie has brought nothing. :confused:

So my question is, should I sent another letter giving them a final 7 days (taking it up to 14 days) or leave it a few days to see if they reply

Or should I go for the throat, and start legal proceedings now?

help most appreciated!

Comments

• Twinkly
    Twinkly Posts: 1,772 Forumite
    Options
    Widowmaker wrote: »
    Hi Moneysavers!

I am in the process of reclaiming over £2000 from the Abbey
    All going ok, I sent off, got all my statements, sent the statutory "Pay up or else" letters, and recieved their standard "We are looking into it, please allow us 28 days" rubbish....And that is when I sent my final demand or I take you to court letter.

Trouble is....I only gave them 7 days to pay up, before I start legal proceedings, and I know realise it should have been 14 days.

Their time is up today...postie has brought nothing. :confused:

So my question is, should I sent another letter giving them a final 7 days (taking it up to 14 days) or leave it a few days to see if they reply

Or should I go for the throat, and start legal proceedings now?

help most appreciated!

Dont worry, you can always send another letter stating that they have a further 7 days to reply and having allowed 14 days now for response you will commence court proceedings if they do not respond. So long as you have it in writing at some point that you have allowed 14 days total then thats all that counts.

good luck :)
  • Widowmaker_2
    Options
    Thank you!

I shall do that! (and will post as to how it goes)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport