PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Keeping Autographs on T shirt - How Do I wash It?

2»

Comments

• I would do a very gentle hand wash, avoiding scrubbing the biro etc.

It will need far more than a gentle handwash - my DS is an enthusiatic eater!
    PixieDust wrote: »
    It never occurred to me that people actually wore these signed shirts....I thought that once they were signed they were put away as a keepsake......?

I've hardly been able to get him out of it as he loves it so much.

I think I'll go for the stitching option if the Sharpie pen fails - although that means it may disappear into the mending basket & he may well outgrow it before I get around to doing it.

Thanks everyone! How exciting to make the weekly email :beer:
    And I find that looking back at you gives a better view, a better view...
  • PixieDust wrote: »
    It never occurred to me that people actually wore these signed shirts....I thought that once they were signed they were put away as a keepsake......?

Yeah, don't wash it - frame it. If you like, buy the kid a replacement and forge (or trace over) the signature yourself in indelible felt tip.
  • I'd use reverse batik (wax). All you do is drip white wax over the autographs, let it set, drip it over the inside over the back of the autograph, once dry give a wash, then frame it ~ signed clothing do become a keepsake :)
    Wench :wave:
  • Sharpie wont wash out, so I'd write over with that, and keep washing in non bio on 30degree washes if he insists on keeping wearing it.
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • You can hand wash that t-shirt but there would be a risk for that autograph.
    So What you should do instead, you should heat transfer that autograph design on the tshirt from any custom clothing manufacturer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure