We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Should I miss out Step 4??

Options
So I got a reply to my first letter from HSBC saying that they are looking in to it and will get back to me in due course (It's now over 14 days since I wrote to them) This I take to be an incomplete and/or unsatisfactory response, and therefore I will proceed with further action. My question is, do I lose by skipping step 4? I have a mind to do it and got straight to the small claims process bearing in mind that the OFT announcement is looming.

Any comments or advice much appreciated.

Thanks

rm

Comments

• nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ralphmalph wrote: »
    So I got a reply to my first letter from HSBC saying that they are looking in to it and will get back to me in due course (It's now over 14 days since I wrote to them) This I take to be an incomplete and/or unsatisfactory response, and therefore I will proceed with further action. My question is, do I lose by skipping step 4? I have a mind to do it and got straight to the small claims process bearing in mind that the OFT announcement is looming.

It is not recommended you skip this step.

If your case goes to court and you have not provided the defendant with notice of court action, you could find yourself in hot water.

Also don't worry about the OFT announcement, it's unlikely to make any difference to your claim.
  • ralphmalph_2
    Options
    Much appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business