Weekly email - concept design

Chris4
Chris4 Posts: 177
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 11 August 2012 at 8:49AM in Site feedback
Hi all,

I've been using MSE for many years now and find it to be an hugely valuable resource for saving money.

The weekly email is usually very convenient and informative, however the problem I have with it is information overload. I'm sure all the information provided is of great value, however only a small amount of it is relevant to each person. Most of the time I have to scroll through massive chunks to get to the sections I'm interested in, and if I'm too busy I'll have to skip reading the newsletter altogether as it can be too time consuming. The email is usually so long that some email service providers cut it short. Sound similar? So how do we solve this problem?

The solution would be to design a newsletter which displays a clear summary of the weeks tips that be consumed quickly, while providing a gateway to further information for the topics the user wishes to explore.

As a result, I decided to design a concept in Photoshop of how it could look. It'll allow users to consume all the current tips at a much faster rate, reduce wasted time spent trying to find topics of particular interest and increase clicks through to the website.

dUzQI.png

The above concept was created using the tips from this weeks newsletter. The real thing would be longer to include every tip, this is just to demonstrate the idea. It uses the exact same colouring scheme and background that the current newsletter and website use.

Let me know your thoughts!

Chris

Comments

• ^ that looks like an horrible advert/spam email
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Chris4
    Chris4 Posts: 177
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ^ that looks like an horrible advert/spam email

How would you change it so it doesn't look like a "horrible advert/spam email"?

Spam emails tend to just have text and no images, so I'm not sure how you can associate it with spam.
  • transient
    transient Posts: 528 Forumite
    I agree with the OP it is information overload and too much going on at once.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure