NatWest's address for ISA transfer

Options
I'd like to transfer part of my NatWest ISA to another provider and have to fill in their address on the form.

I rang NatWest just now and the first time was put on hold for ages while they supposedly transferred me to the ISA dept. but the line went dead after a few minutes of irritating music. I rang again and this time was told I had to take the transfer form into my local branch of the bank. I explained again that I wished to transfer some money out not in. I was put on hold again and eventually given an address but I don't know if it's the correct one. I don't want the new provider to send the request to the wrong place.

I praised NatWest on another thread for sorting out my log-in problems but I wasn't happy with the latest calls.

Last week I rang to ask if partial transfers out were allowed and was told to move the money into my ordinary savings account and then pay it into the other ISA. I argued that it would then lose the tax free status. I was put on hold while the person went to ask someone else. Thank goodness I understand about ISAs and didn't do as she advised.

Anyway, after this rant, has anyone got the address of the dept. that deals with ISA transfers please?

Comments

• Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    edited 6 August 2012 at 12:55PM
    Options
    ISA transfers are arranged by the receiving provider. Just fill in a form with the people you want to transfer to and they should arrange everything. You do not deal with with current provider at all.

For the address just use the postal address of the branch with which you took out your Nat West ISA.
  • CPfan
    CPfan Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, I understand the new provider does the transfer but need the address of NatWest to fill in on the form.

The person on the 'phone gave me an address in Manchester. I've got an e-ISA which I opened on-line. I didn't deal with my local branch other than to open the ordinary savings account which they insisted I should have too.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Any old address will do - your new provider will know who to contact in NatWest
  • CPfan
    Options
    Thank you innovate. I assumed the new provider would have the information but they still require me to fill an address in on their form!

So, any old address it is then. I was just afraid of the form ending up at the wrong place in NatWest and not being processed for ages.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 August 2012 at 8:38PM
    Options
    Just keep an eye on things (you got to do that anyway). If nothing has happened within 15 working days of your new provider receiving your form, give your new provider some "heat".

If your new provider has Branches, might be worth your while to hand-deliver the form and ask for a stamped & signed copy of your form. The Branch can send the form on to whoever processes ISA transfers - usually that's a central function somewhere.

Once you have proof that your new provider has received your transfer request, you are guaranteed to receive the new provider's interest rate no later than from working day 16. Even if they haven't yet managed to get your money transferred. But hopefully it will all happen a lot sooner, and without probs

You can find the financial services industry ISA Transfer guidelines here: http://www.bba.org.uk/media/article/revised-version-of-the-cross-industry-cash-isa-to-cash-isa-transfer-guideli
  • coldhandoff
    coldhandoff Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Put your branches address.
    I work for Natwest.
  • CPfan
    Options
    Thank you innovate and coldhandoff.

innovate, The new provider hasn't got a branch that near so I was going to send the form to them but signed for so I know they've received it. Thanks for your advice and the link to the guidelines for ISA transfers.

coldhandoff, I popped into my local branch this afternoon to ask what to do. They weren't sure as it's an e-ISA but thought I should use their address. The person I spoke to at the call centre gave me an address in Manchester. You think it should be the branch address then, so I'll go with that.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sending it "signed for" is a great idea, CPfan.

Hope you won't need to chase them - most ISA transfers seem to go swimmingly, but the odd one goes wrong and it's best to be prepared for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure