PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Halifax: House prices dipped slightly in July

Comments

• brit1234
    brit1234 Posts: 5,385 Forumite
    Dan: wrote: »
    brit. You do know that these days it is 3-3.5 JOINT salary and not SINGLE salary don't you?

The main factor for high house prices these days is because women got bored of playing housewive and wanted to go back to work - suddenly households had double the income and house prices went sky high! Unless women return to the kicthen high house prices are here to stay.

My wife-to-be would love to be a stay-at-home mum, but that simply can't happen if we want to buy a house in the future.

Dan you said this before, I answered you then destroying your argument and you ran away. Your feminism argument doesn't hold water.

For one joint salaries have lower salary multiples than single. Back in the days of irresponsible lending which caused the bubble you might of had a point. Back then people lied and inflated their salaries with self certs/liar loans, there was wide spread land registry fraud with gift deposits on new builds, mortgages with 6-7 times salary, 125% mortgages and of course the interest only mortgages for residential properties. Now are all gone.

Second and most important which you completely fail to recognise is people get together to have families. If what you are saying is true then people could not be able to have children and get family homes. No you can't have children you need a second wage to put a roof over your head. It is pure nonsense and completely unsustainable your theory.

All the schemes and dodgy practices which assisted in the housing bubble have gone with the exception of shared ownership schemes which have now had all their government funding removed.

Prices will continue to fall to match lending criteria.
    :exclamatiScams - Shared Equity, Shared Ownership, Newbuy, Firstbuy and Help to Buy.

Save our Savers
  • Dan:_4
    Dan:_4 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    brit1234 wrote: »
    Dan you said this before, I answered you then destroying your argument and you ran away. Your feminism argument doesn't hold water.

For one joint salaries have lower salary multiples than single. Back in the days of irresponsible lending which caused the bubble you might of had a point. Back then people lied and inflated their salaries with self certs/liar loans, there was wide spread land registry fraud with gift deposits on new builds, mortgages with 6-7 times salary, 125% mortgages and of course the interest only mortgages for residential properties. Now are all gone.

Second and most important which you completely fail to recognise is people get together to have families. If what you are saying is true then people could not be able to have children and get family homes. No you can't have children you need a second wage to put a roof over your head. It is pure nonsense and completely unsustainable your theory.

All the schemes and dodgy practices which assisted in the housing bubble have gone with the exception of shared ownership schemes which have now had all their government funding removed.

Prices will continue to fall to match lending criteria.

Yes. Okay. Whatever.

On another note, and picking up our conversation from last week: why have you got all your financial accounts registered to your parents house? This will not look good when applying for a mortgage and is clearly fraud?
  • FTBFun
    FTBFun Posts: 4,273 Forumite
    Brit - I think you've managed to post every cliche regarding why you think property prices are overvalued in a single paragraph. That's quite an achievement.
  • brit1234
    brit1234 Posts: 5,385 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2012 at 1:33PM
    Yes. Okay. Whatever.

On another note, and picking up our conversation from last week: why have you got all your financial accounts registered to your parents house? This will not look good when applying for a mortgage and is clearly fraud?

Yeah right, your looking a fool. You know nothing about fraud, I have done nothing wrong. Try pulling the wool over the eyes a little more gullible instead rather than someone who experienced at prosecuting it.

Again you have no rational argument to back up your stance on house prices so again you try to distract from that with false allegations and insults.

You don't want people to know the truth on falling house prices and where it is going.

You are on the ignore list and I will never speak to you again. I think I would have a better debate on economics with a 5 year old, their knowledge is probably double yours.
    FTBFun wrote: »
    Brit - I think you've managed to post every cliche regarding why you think property prices are overvalued in a single paragraph. That's quite an achievement.

You mean every causation factor. No I missed a fair few out but they are still ongoing such as buy to let, low interest rates, shared equity and Newbuy but they are all still in play.

However I have missed out surveyor valuation fraud which is being massively clamped down on and lots of law suits are in play as a result.
    :exclamatiScams - Shared Equity, Shared Ownership, Newbuy, Firstbuy and Help to Buy.

Save our Savers
  • sinbad182
    sinbad182 Posts: 619 Forumite
    First Post
    Hey Brit, how come whenever someone points out the repeated rubbish you troll a house buying and selling board with, or asks a tough question, you immediately place them on ignore?

Is this because you know how ridiculous you look posting the same false prophecies for the last 5 years, how bizarre your mind works to register everything you own and use to another address, and how bitter you appear due to the fact you will clearly never be able to buy a house unless they drop to the 1950s levels you have clearly budgeted for?

It's a disgrace that you haven't been banned from trolling this nonsense here. This is a really useful forum full of very knowledgeable people that helped me greatly when I bought my first place two years ago. You were here trying to put the wind up myself and others back then, it's laughable that you're allowed to spam the place up with the same inane nonsense two years later.
    brit1234 wrote: »
    Yeah right, your looking a fool. You know nothing about fraud, I have done nothing wrong. Try pulling the wool over the eyes a little more gullible instead rather than someone who experienced at prosecuting it.

Again you have no rational argument to back up your stance on house prices so again you try to distract from that with false allegations and insults.

You don't want people to know the truth on falling house prices and where it is going.

You are on the ignore list and I will never speak to you again. I think I would have a better debate on economics with a 5 year old, their knowledge is probably double yours.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE: The reason im now on brits ignore list is because we got into a conversation about credit ratings last week and it turns out:

- Brit has never ever managed credit (except for a student loan which don't count)

- He has however, got himself a mobile phone and a paypal account and both of these accounts are registered at his parents house.

- He is also regsitered at his parents house on the electoral roll despite his permanent residential being elsewhere - this is against the law.

When poor brit comes to apply for a mortgage and they run a credit check the outcome will not be what he is hoping for.

I think deep down he knows it - hence why I have been put on his ignore list.

Still, I doubt I will lose any sleep.
  • James_N
    James_N Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    sinbad182 wrote: »
    Hey Brit, how come whenever someone points out the repeated rubbish you troll a house buying and selling board with, or asks a tough question, you immediately place them on ignore?

Is this because you know how ridiculous you look posting the same false prophecies for the last 5 years, how bizarre your mind works to register everything you own and use to another address, and how bitter you appear due to the fact you will clearly never be able to buy a house unless they drop to the 1950s levels you have clearly budgeted for?

It's a disgrace that you haven't been banned from trolling this nonsense here. This is a really useful forum full of very knowledgeable people that helped me greatly when I bought my first place two years ago. You were here trying to put the wind up myself and others back then, it's laughable that you're allowed to spam the place up with the same inane nonsense two years later.
    This cogent piece of rebuke deserves more than a simple thank you!
    Well done mate.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • James_N
    FOR EVERYONE ELSE:
    When poor brit comes to apply for a mortgage and they run a credit check the outcome will not be what he is hoping for.

Now come on, don't make me laugh! Brti apply for a mortgage? He hasn't called his strike off yet!
    Not that anyone else is bothered.

Reminds me of unions where they struck themselves out of a job - and even a whole industry.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • James_N
    FOR EVERYONE ELSE: The reason im now on brits ignore list is because we got into a conversation about credit ratings last week and it turns out:

- Brit has never ever managed credit (except for a student loan which don't count)

- He has however, got himself a mobile phone and a paypal account and both of these accounts are registered at his parents house.

- He is also regsitered at his parents house on the electoral roll despite his permanent residential being elsewhere - this is against the law.

I think deep down he knows it - hence why I have been put on his ignore list.

Still, I doubt I will lose any sleep.

Does all this mean that poor Brit won't have done the basic things to make himself look creditworthy and may even be acting dishonestly with his electoral registration?
    But on here, he speaks with such authority and backed up by all those numbers.
    Could it be - that Brit really has NO IDEA?
    He really doesn't have much of a clue. I fear he will still be waiting in another 5 years. That would be a whole decade of spouting nonsense to anyone that will listen.

I think it's a safe bet that brit will never ever enjoy home ownership.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure