3 coverage

Hi

I am looking at mobiles on the 3 network and there are some good deals.Does anyone have a phone on the 3 network and is the signal ok

Thanks

Comments

• Robothell
    Robothell Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Honestly could not recommend them. Had a 3 phone for a year and found the coverage patchy and inconsistent. One minute you would have full reception, the next minute none at all while standing in the centre of Belfast......and even if the phone was showing full reception it was no guarantee that you could actually make or receive calls. Customer service sucks as well, when you can get enough coverage to get through to them. In the end I went for one of the t-mobile flext tariffs and have no complaints.
    Life in this world is, as it were, a sojourn in a cave. What can we know of reality? For all we can see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we as troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say humbly "Go on, do deformed rabbit again.....it's my favourite". © Terry Pratchett in "Small Gods"

Founder member of the Barry Scott Appreciation Society
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Been with 3 for 3+ years, and no problems at all. Couple that with the fact that you now get free roaming in ROI (and a number of other EU countries), and it's a great deal, especially with the new £15 contract.
    Any problems I've come across with coverage seems to be down to the phone people are using. Different phones, different experiences. (Most of mine are Nokia, and no issues).
  • My friend uses "3" through a Nokia - bought online from carphone warehouse

no probs
  • catcongra
    catcongra Posts: 27 Forumite
    Have had a 3 phone for about 6 months now - absolutely no problems with it.
  • Raven
    Raven Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    No problems for me, its as good as any other network imho nowadays.
    I'd like to teach the World to sing in perfect Harmony :grin: :j :D:)
  • declanmcc
    declanmcc Posts: 412 Forumite
    moneytalks wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking at mobiles on the 3 network and there are some good deals.Does anyone have a phone on the 3 network and is the signal ok

Thanks

I recently left 3 due to poor coverage. Unfortunately there's a hill behind the house and this must have impacted on the reception. I'm currently with O2 however and have a perfect reception. The 3 coverage was perfectly fine everywhere else ...... just not at my house!!

It's a shame I had to leave because they have some cracking deals - but having to ring someone back about 20 times during a call proved a bit tedious in the end!!
  • hi there
    iv been with 3 for a few years and i have had very few probs with reception
    i use 2 phones 1 on 3 and 1 on o2 .. usually if there is a prob i cant get through on either .
    in fact i was goig to leave 3 because i have 1000 mins anytime on o2 and when i rang they offered me a full year for £13.44 !!!! couldnt believe it about £1.20 a month ..... decide to keep it just in case
    i use my phone pretty much all over the country from kesh to ballymoney antrim to portavogi and i get a decent signal with 3 most places except ballygawally ... but i cant even get a radio signal there
    THESE ARE THE GOOD OLD DAYS ……
    ..…JUST WAIT AND SEE
  • grace2much
    grace2much Posts: 366 Forumite
    Both my wife and I were on "3" for 18 months each (we live in L'Derry) and we had perfect coverage in NI. We have a caravan in Bushmills so we had a good range of area to test.

I'm now on O2 and my wife on T-Mobile but we both would go back to "3" tomorrow and will do when our contracts are up.

Hope this helps
    “Having, first, gained all you can, and, secondly saved all you can, then give all you can"....John Wesley

AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0062 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay Board
  • Robothell
    Robothell Posts: 494 Forumite
    .....Couple that with the fact that you now get free roaming in ROI (and a number of other EU countries), and it's a great deal, especially with the new £15 contract.

Wasn't aware of that bit now......do you know if it applies for PAYG customers as well and are there any restrictions re:landlines/mobiles/peak times etc. If not that's a really good deal (I do quite a bit of roaming).

WRT my previous post, it is a good few years since I've been with 3 and coverage may have gotten better.....my main problems were down in border areas though if you can now roam to 3 ROI then those would be sorted.
    Life in this world is, as it were, a sojourn in a cave. What can we know of reality? For all we can see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we as troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say humbly "Go on, do deformed rabbit again.....it's my favourite". © Terry Pratchett in "Small Gods"

Founder member of the Barry Scott Appreciation Society
  • levista
    levista Posts: 11 Forumite
    am leaving them today, have a small wood near my house and get no coverage in my home. USELESS. everytime I phoned customer services they are clearly trained to give the same response "we are within 2 months of setting up increased coverage in your area with a new mast to go up" BS I phone them after 2 months and get the same excuse word for word!

I have a backup t-mobile which works perfectly.
    No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport