We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Can I Claim Redundancy in this Situation?
Roxiecakes
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi everyone,
I handed in my notice to my employer, but before my notice period ended, the company closed.
What I want to know is, can I apply for redundancy money from the government even though I have a job to go to? According to direct.gov.uk, I am entitled to £468.75.
Any help would be appreciated :-)
I handed in my notice to my employer, but before my notice period ended, the company closed.
What I want to know is, can I apply for redundancy money from the government even though I have a job to go to? According to direct.gov.uk, I am entitled to £468.75.
Any help would be appreciated :-)
0
Comments
-
No. You resigned first so you couldn't be made redundant.0
-
Did you serve counter notice (by the correct procedure) during statuatory notice period?
If so then yes you are entitled
If you didn't serve a counter notice then no
Mind you how the RPS will deal with this I have no idea - I'm going from experience of a company still operating.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards