IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Dvla Hopeless Admin Department

in Motoring
4 replies 695 views
I paid £24.50 for my new photo renewal driving license card. Only the photo needed renewing and Elton putting in the address.
So filled out the form with my full correct address and got photo done at post office, sent it off.

Came a few days ago with my address totally incorrect on the green form and the card. They had stringed the two words of my street together with no space, no town and no postcode.

Off I email a complaint asking for my money back and it will be 10 days before I get a reply.

Cant believe I paid this and they get it so completely wrong.

Anyone else had this trouble?
Imagine if the police saw this incorrect on my card.
Anyway Im not letting it go till I get a refund for bad adminstration.
Mortgage Free 2016
Work Part Time:D

Replies

• s_bs_b Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    how long does it take these days for hell to freeze over?
  • Trebor16Trebor16 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    You would be unlikely to get a refund and the best you can hope for is for DVLA to correct their mistakes.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • Anyone else had this trouble?

Similar, they sent us someone elses driving licence by mistake :eek:

We didn't know what it was so dumped it in the bin but they wrote to us asking us to ring them. I spoke to a bloke and he told me they'd sent someones licence to us by accident having put it in an incorrect envelope to us but the licence had the persons address, DOB etc on it. They also sent a disclaimer for us to sign / agree to in order to keep us quiet - as if we were under some sort of obligation to agree to it and sign it. I told the bloke the thing had been binned and his disclaimer wasn't worth the paper they'd wasted printing it on.

To my shock he simply said "Ok thats fine as long as its been destroyed I'll send another one out". He wasn't at all bothered about the disclaimer - idiots :rotfl:
  • Similar, they sent us someone elses driving licence by mistake :eek:

We didn't know what it was so dumped it in the bin but they wrote to us asking us to ring them. I spoke to a bloke and he told me they'd sent someones licence to us by accident having put it in an incorrect envelope to us but the licence had the persons address, DOB etc on it. They also sent a disclaimer for us to sign / agree to in order to keep us quiet - as if we were under some sort of obligation to agree to it and sign it. I told the bloke the thing had been binned and his disclaimer wasn't worth the paper they'd wasted printing it on.

To my shock he simply said "Ok thats fine as long as its been destroyed I'll send another one out". He wasn't at all bothered about the disclaimer - idiots :rotfl:

im suprised the disclaimer didnt have "this message will self destruct in 10 seconds written on"

gagging disclaimer, who do they think they are MI6!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum