Cancellation Rights?

Hi just wondered if someone could advice pls through experience? We have a cruise/fly to Australia, New Zealand. I am not sure my wife's health will be up to the flight now.The cruise is booked through 'Readers Offers' which states numbers of days since booking affecting how much deposit is lost. Nothing is mentioned about if you have a doctor's sick note?

I was just wondering how much of your deposit you would lose if you cancel & have a letter from your GP?

Appreciate any help

Thx
joe2cool

Comments

• malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Company will retain deposit, and depending on their T&C that you agreed to, they might chase you for more.

However, don't fear - you'll be completely covered (including deposit) by your travel insurance. They'll pay you back everything, less whatever your excess is (check your paperwork)
    Legal team on standby
  • joe2cool
    joe2cool Posts: 4,120 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi thx for quick reply, didn't realise insurance would pay full deposit? Did think GP's note might help?
    joe2cool
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    joe2cool wrote: »
    Hi thx for quick reply, didn't realise insurance would pay full deposit? Did think GP's note might help?

Hi,

If you have travel insurance - then I would call them & explain the situation - they will be able to help - they will tell you want is required.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • mcfisco
    mcfisco Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You need to speak to your insurers ASAP - they will expect you to mitigate any loss so please act now
    I have long known that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.
  • Flugelhorn
    Flugelhorn Posts: 5,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You often don;t need a note from the GP as the insurers will send a form to the GP to complete asking what the illness is and when you were advised that she was not fit to travel etc.
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    malkie76 wrote: »
    However, don't fear - you'll be completely covered (including deposit) by your travel insurance. They'll pay you back everything, less whatever your excess is (check your paperwork)

I agree, providing of course that if your wife's deteriorating health is related to a pre-existing medical condition that that was declared to and accepted by the insurers.
  • joe2cool
    joe2cool Posts: 4,120 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Cheers guys appreciated will check..............
    joe2cool
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport