IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP parking charge - railway

Options
Hi there

I received an ncp parking contravention charge for breach of "terms and conditions at a car park owned or managed by national car parks limited". I was issued a ticket at 15:56 and paid at 17:09. It was at a railway station in which the terms refer to bylaw 14.

Should I ignore or pay the ticket? Thanks.

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't just ignore this one for the moment, post also on pepipoo.com. You will be asked for a lot more details than you have given here so get all the facts together.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 July 2012 at 9:37PM
    Options
    NCP probably own the car park and tickets issued under Byelaw 14 are legally enforceable, like council, police and TFL ones. Do not ignore. Expert help will be along shortly.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Options
    Best head over to pepipoo!
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    NCP probably own the car park and tickets issued under Byelaw 14 are legally enforceable, like council, police and TFL ones. Do not ignore. Expert help will be along shortly.

I would guess they probably don't own a railway car park though.

And I have never seen a 'PCCN' issued by NCP under bylaws. I believe they are all just fakes, but maybe best to run it by pepipoo as well.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure