Primus Line rental - override codes

go_braves
go_braves Forumite Posts: 24 Forumite
Hi,

I'm considering a line rental/broadband package with Primus, as seen in the MSE recommendations.

does anyone know if Primus currently allow override providers such as 1899/18185 ?

I do realise that things can change and that even if they do, they may not always allow them.

Thanks

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Forumite Posts: 11,191
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • chateau42
    chateau42 Forumite Posts: 119 Forumite
    They stopped 1899 without telling me when broadband was added. Severe dispute with them. Very poor customer relations, most emails not answered, their 0800 number either cuts you off or keeps you on hold for 15 minutes or more, to be fair you do speak to someone sometimes. I sent copy of main complaints letter to CEO, not a reply in writing to my final severe complaint letter. I am in the process of leaving by negotiation. Not at all happy anything told to me will happen as they have not put anything in writing but I have. Am ready for OFCOM or whoever is the current quango.
    The moving finger, having writ, moved on.
  • Herongull
    Herongull Forumite Posts: 1,356
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Primus are probably best avoided, based on various posts here.

If you go into a contract with them, they may change it (eg put the price up or change other significant aspects). You have the legal right to terminate under these circumstances, but they may refuse to let you.

This seems to be what is happening to people after the recent price rises - see other thread.
  • chateau42
    chateau42 Forumite Posts: 119 Forumite
    Just an update. I have left Primus. Have eventually parted with severe apologies from them and refund of the small amount caused by the unfortunate update. I would add that up to the problem earlier this year I enjoyed two plus years of good priced line rental and evening/weekend calls.
    The moving finger, having writ, moved on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 243.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure