Never trust edf!!!

Options
TearingMyHairOut
TearingMyHairOut Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 29 July 2012 at 11:47AM in Energy
Oh boy, do EDF have a problem!

Around a year ago I realised I was being over charged by a “faulty”prepay meter.

I asked for it to be changed, the old meter tested, and to be copied the test report.

I made it clear that if I were unhappy with the test report I would want it independently tested.

Now what could be easier and clearer than that?

Now I have chased them and received more excuses and fobboffs than I can remember, so yesterday I called the Head Office (0207-242-9050) and asked to speak with someone of authority and not involved with Customer Services as they had been the cause of the problem and that it would now be inappropriate as I wanted to make a formal complaint against them.

Easy!...nope they don’t understand English!

(text removed by MSE Forum Team)

I explained my plight, she called me back, telling me that the test had been done, nothing wrong with the meter so no refund due!!

I was told that someone would call me today.

I made it clear that I did not accept their test findings and I wanted the meter independently tested.

Today I received a call from a different Cus Serv Directors PA, they got their maths inside out and quickly corrected themself when I pointed that out, she also told me that the meter, the only evidence to prove me correct HAD BEEN DESTROYED!!!!!

I then asked to speak with the Chief Executive, as this had got very serious. I was refused.

I called the Head Office number again only to be asked by said receptionist “is that Mr XXXXXX?
I said yes, she told me that Allison Langley had instructed them only to connect me to her and no one else.

Langley was on to that switchboard so fast she should enter the Olympics!

Bottom line. I have been ...... by EDF with their faulty meter.

Not been sent a copy of the report I asked for.

They have destroyed the evidence that will prove how much they owe me.

Then a jumped up PA has blocked the progression of my complaint.

EDF have done such a serious wrong, they clearly want to try and bury it in house, well they have tried it with the wrong person…..on to theNational media! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How much do you reckon you've been overcharged?

btw, you should remove the personal references, ie name of person you've spoken to.
  • Terrylw1
    Terrylw1 Posts: 7,038 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't you post this a few weeks ago where you were given some possibilities?
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure