Kitten on the roof

Options
Our youngest kitten decided that it would be a good idea to climb out of the upstairs window last night jump on to the top edge of the window and then scramble onto the house roof.

Only trouble was she then didnt seem able to work out how to do it in reverse, so we could hear her pretty much all night calling out and popping her head over the edge of the gutter to have a look.

We tried to get her to go over the top of the roof to the back as there would be an easier way down but to no avail.

So at 5am this morning i was balancing a plastic washing basket on top of the window for her to jump into and got her back inside.

Not sure whether she will have learnt her lesson, but she was very tired and extra cuddly once we got her back inside. Thats the first time shes been out over night, and to spend the whole night sat on the roof probably wasnt quite as exciting as maybe she had hoped!!

Pic of her on the ground the other day (first pic)

Comments

• juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lucky escape for kitty....one of my cats once spent the night up a tree, as I could not for the life of me work out where the miawing was coming from. Around 6am I climed on a van parked under it and dragged him down by the scruff. He's very timid so there was no other way. Hasn't done it since luckily!

You may want to think about mesh over your windows...
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • Mallotum_X
    Mallotum_X Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    Options
    Tonight we wont let her have free run of the house, so at least she will stay safe. She does generally seem to be a bright cat and doesnt usually do the same daft thing more than once.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure