New Cordless Phones

bargainshopper1
bargainshopper1 Forumite Posts: 79 Forumite
I need to buy some new cordless phones because the ones I've had for only 2 years are dying! Can anyone suggest some good/cheap ones. Was looking for at least 2 to 3 in a set. Thanks.

Comments

• basill
    basill Forumite Posts: 1,378
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is it battery life away from the charger causing your problems? Even some of the more unusually shaped battery packs can be replaced...

B
  • Nile
    Nile Forumite, Ambassador Posts: 14,928
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL].
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Forumite Posts: 11,191
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    I have to agree with basill. 2 years life for nicad or nimh batteries on almost contant charge is about all that can be expected.

I'd try replacing them first - check for the type you need on Ebay.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Forumite Posts: 3,937
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Mark and Spencer got cordless for just £5 if you don't bother to check your existing battery
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure