We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

ants in the lawn

Options
LE3
LE3 Posts: 612 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I have had ants under the patio since I moved into the house & regularly put ant powder down & also use a spray liquid - but this year they are decimating my front & back lawns with molehill type bumps all over the lawn which are writhing in brown ants

Any idea to clear them? Happy to try anything at this point ....

Comments

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 July 2012 at 11:29AM
    Options
    This may help if you don't have a better offer...:beer:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1001651

Some years ago you could by a product called Jeyes Fluid; can still be found but due to EU regs. not recommended for use on soil. In the 'Trade' we used it at a rate of 1 part Fluid - 50 parts water. No longer allowed these days though...:rotfl:
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 July 2012 at 10:52AM
    Options
    LE3 wrote: »
    I have had ants under the patio since I moved into the house & regularly put ant powder down & also use a spray liquid - but this year they are decimating my front & back lawns with molehill type bumps all over the lawn which are writhing in brown ants

Any idea to clear them? Happy to try anything at this point ....

There is a Nematode, but have never tried it, find at http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=nematodes+ant&!!!!!googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=12425675276&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6462703581873065333&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_151ziw2h4y_b

Good Luck:)
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure