Dro/delay due to demand on services

Options
Hi...can anyone advise me please.I am in the process of applying for a DRO with the assistance from National Debtline and am now waiting for an Intermediary to contact me.I have been Informed by NDL that due to high demand on thier services,there is currently a waiting period of approx' 9 weeks.
I am just wondering if this means that i will be asked to send more up to date information when they are ready to deal with my application,for example another bank statement,credit report,or do they monitor my bank account during this waiting period?This wouldnt be a problem for me as there will be no change to my situation but i am thinking that if they are going to ask for updated information,my application is going to take even longer.I'm trying very hard not to let all this get me down but to be honest the thought of possibly having to wait another 9 weeks before my application will be processed with the possibilty of being asked to send more information is really wearing me down.
Thanks.

Comments

• wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    Hi...can anyone advise me please.I am in the process of applying for a DRO with the assistance from National Debtline and am now waiting for an Intermediary to contact me.I have been Informed by NDL that due to high demand on thier services,there is currently a waiting period of approx' 9 weeks.
    I am just wondering if this means that i will be asked to send more up to date information when they are ready to deal with my application,for example another bank statement,credit report,or do they monitor my bank account during this waiting period?This wouldnt be a problem for me as there will be no change to my situation but i am thinking that if they are going to ask for updated information,my application is going to take even longer.I'm trying very hard not to let all this get me down but to be honest the thought of possibly having to wait another 9 weeks before my application will be processed with the possibilty of being asked to send more information is really wearing me down.
    Thanks.

I dont know how NDL work, but if it is anywhere like other places I know of they will not ask you for new statements (keep them handy as they come in just in case) but they will ask you to ring your creditors for the most up to date balance when it comes to submission.

I would sit tight for now and wait for the call
  • Thanks so much for your reply wba31,i am new to all this and living alone isnt easy,just needed someone to talk to about it.....will do as you say and sit tight....trying very hard not to get more stressed than i already am!Thanks again.
  • wba31
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply wba31,i am new to all this and living alone isnt easy,just needed someone to talk to about it.....will do as you say and sit tight....trying very hard not to get more stressed than i already am!Thanks again.

Don't worry about it, you'll be safe in NDL's hands. If anything happens, or any thoughts or questions pop into your head, if NDL cant help you, post it on here and there are a few of us who (pretend to) know what we're talking about and you'll be fine.

In my experience, a DRO is quite a simple procedure, it just isnt dressed up to look simple...
  • Your response has made me feel so welcome and not quite so alone in all this.All i really need now is a good nights sleep,without a busy head!Yes, NDL have been fantastic,wish i had been brave enough to contact them a lot sooner than i did but sometimes i find that i just need reassurance on,what may seem minor worries.Now i know where to come at those times,thanks!
  • wba31
    Options
    Your response has made me feel so welcome and not quite so alone in all this.All i really need now is a good nights sleep,without a busy head!Yes, NDL have been fantastic,wish i had been brave enough to contact them a lot sooner than i did but sometimes i find that i just need reassurance on,what may seem minor worries.Now i know where to come at those times,thanks!

You're not the first person I've heard wish they'd looked for help earlier. I read something that on average British people who get help from CCCS/NDL/CAB will have been struggling for 1 year before they pick up the phone or make a visit.
  • Yes,i'm not sure why that is but where i'm concerned it was a case of feeling ashamed at not being able to cope.I had always worked up until February this year and tried very hard to just look after myself and keep my head above the water.I have had to stop working due to health problems,spent 5 years in remission from cancer,marital breakdown,moving home and now severe problems with Arthritis,which has meant giving up work and living on state pension.Tried very hard to continue working but finally had to accept that it was no longer possible.One of the things i find most difficult to come to terms with is having my bank account watched,sounds daft i know but i feel like i have to answer for every penny i spend,like for example i have 2 family weddings coming up and needed an outfit to wear,went on ebay and found a nice outfit and very cheap.As soon as i had paid for it,i started worrying that my bank account will show that i've been spending money on ebay and wished i hadn't done it.Hopefully i will in time learn to be more relaxed and not worry quite so much....sorry ive really rattled on!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure