PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Been to @ldi spent £38 on a trolley full. They had 1kg bags penne pasta for 59p.
    Got the kids some treats for the Xmas box and all sorts of veg, and a yummy smelling coconut bath soak.

Have all my ingredients for hm coleslaw will have a bash and report back later...

Eta hope this pic works...
    47c03e8c9a82f6452d07c69e06f53b75.jpg

Ooh it does!

Anything Coleslaw:
    1/4 white cabbage
    2 carrots
    bit of red onion, according to taste
    1/2 red pepper
    1/2 cucumber
    Finely slice / shred ingredients, I used my y peeler to get them nice and thin.

1 scoop each mayo, Greek yoghurt and creme Fraiche
    Tsp whole grain mustard, bit of black pepper and onion granules, to taste
    Mix sauces together and dress veg.

I have served with shredded ham and cheese. To mix into it, and a handful of vine tomatoes.

Deee-lish, thankyou for giving me the kick to make my own :A:

Nommy nom nom. That looks so much nicer than store bought:T

We done you clever clogs:j
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • cowboymum
    cowboymum Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Got a bit sidetracked this week so have slightly lost count money wise, and what I have posted on here! Got tesco order on Sunday, and so shopping trips have significantly decreased.

Eggs from corner shop £1.99 (haven't bought eggs for ages but our chickens have slowed down signifincantly)
    Veg box and eggs £16.60
    Crisps for boys 99p
    Total £19.58

I think that's it!
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    bossymoo, your coleslaw looks lovely. I've added it to the recipe index :beer:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Well done on the coleslaw bossymoo! I remember my parents making coleslaw in the magimix, in fact I remember them doing all kinds of things you see on the OS board. they aren't very OS any more though re. food, i guess having a bit more money means you ease off a bit.
    NSD here.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    jumblejack wrote: »
    Nommy nom nom. That looks so much nicer than store bought:T

We done you clever clogs:j

And thank you for the nudge ;)
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Went to a Chinese warehouse today and brought 1kg of deveined King Prawns for £8.50 I have no idea if this is a good price as personally I don’t like them but DH does. Also brought a huge head of garlic that cost all of £0.24 Although didn’t buy anything else I cant believe how cheap some of the items were. Will certainly go again but at the moment just don’t need anything.

Have some tomatoes that need using up so will probably make Roasted red pepper and tomato soup tomorrow then just some fruit & veg to get if all goes to plan.

Well done CATERINA on cancelling the wine very MS :money:

BOSSYMOO
    - I brought one of the 59p bags of pasta yesterday and am thinking of buying another one for stock. Only problem is DH is not on board with this money saving at all and will say we don’t need it so will have to wait until he is not with me. ;)

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    £2.24 today on loo roll and partial payment for a pot of ambrosia custard

I also got bread but had a manufacturer coupon to cover that (and the other part of the cost of the custard) could only use if for products from the same group of mfrs.

Will add to my total in a bit.
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • jasmin10
    jasmin10 Posts: 905 Forumite
    edited 17 August 2012 at 10:33PM
    Well I knew it would happen. I did get the few bits I needed and used my pinecone vouchers but I still needed a couple of bits. So today I went to Mr T and got them, including a free box of nestle cereal using my voucher and some sanex deo for 39p again using my voucher. Also found some laundry detergent that works out cheaper than powder and its the posh flavour ones. 25 washes and its £1, both Mr M and Mr T have them in.

Anyhow will work out the damage and update my sign - that first week I blew £168 has haunted me all month, cant wait for my new month to start.

Edit - worked out that I spent 30.61 today so has taken me over budget by 226.02. Hopefully wont need anything else now. :(
    TopCashback £1792.63
    My Little World
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I spent around £12 on groceries today but did not update so will do the figures and signature changes tomorrow. Good night all!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 August 2012 at 10:41PM
    This weeks update:
    Ald! £6.55
    C0-0p £1.44
    EH afternoon tea £14.80

Weeks total £22.79

Spends so far this month £204.42/£310
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases