Reclaiming Bank Charges for First Direct

Options
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me some advise..?

I sent a letter based from the one on this website to First Direct last week, my claim was £1500 plus £300 interest over the past 6 years. My claim was under financial hardship and cycle of not being able to get out of debt. I got a call today from their Complaints dept advising me that the 'Banks' won a court case in 2007 and that they do not need to give me any of my charges back. Whilst I was on the phone the lady advised me that she would be sending me a financial document that I needed to fill in and send back saying what I get paid and what goes out of my account every month. She said I need to demonstrate why I am in fiancial hardship, she also said that I need to send in any other accounts I hold bank statements for the past 3 months. Although, I am not sure how that will aid them making an assessment of my financial hardship over the past 6 years! She also said that she would refund me for this months charges but this would not affect my claim. Can anyone give me any advise if firstly this request is normal and what they are trying to establish by me sending this information ??? First timer on this so any help would be most appreciated !!! Thanks Kirsty xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure