'If you were NCP, how'd you explain its Olympic price doubling?' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.

Replies

• NCP saw an opportunity to make some money as Martin did when he sold our website to moneysupermarket.com. Why not ask a similar question about Martin Lewis selling out?
  • danothydanothy Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    NCP saw an opportunity to make some money as Martin did when he sold our website to moneysupermarket.com. Why not ask a similar question about Martin Lewis selling out?

Who's website?
    If you think of it as 'us' verses 'them', then it's probably your side that are the villains.
  • I will now try and avoid NCP car parks wherever possible. So it hasn't improved customer service for me, it's just lost a customer.
  • danothy wrote: »
    Who's website?

Ours...the 7 million people who have made ML very rich.
  • danothydanothy Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ours...the 7 million people who have made ML very rich.

That doesn't entitle or award us ownership of his website ...
    If you think of it as 'us' verses 'them', then it's probably your side that are the villains.
  • NileNile Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NCP have jumped on the Olympic Games bandwagon and [STRIKE]fibbed[/STRIKE] explained that they've had to pay their employees a bonus for working [STRIKE]normally[/STRIKE] under pressure during the Olympic Games............like lots of other workers who've threatened to strike during the Olympic Games.:p

Whatever the [STRIKE]excuse[/STRIKE] reason, it's another rip off Britain situation.:p
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • danothy wrote: »
    That doesn't entitle or award us ownership of his website ...

Completly different from the NCP case. Martin has not ripped anyone off, in fact he has saved many thousands of pounds.
  • JimmyTheWigJimmyTheWig Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when companies try to use "improve customer service" as an excuse for price hikes which self-evidentally have very little to do with service – such as self-service car parking!
    If you take "customer service" to mean the service a customer gets, then I don't see that "making it a more manageable experience for those who do decide to park there" _isn't_ improving customer service.
  • RadoJoRadoJo Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Supply and demand? The same principle that creates 'peak' times in a variety of industries from travel and accommodation to fruit and veg. I know that NCP is unpopular, but how is what they're doing any different to hotels raising their prices or even bog-standard peak vs off-peak fares on trains?
  • edited 24 July 2012 at 11:08AM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    26.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 July 2012 at 11:08AM
    If you take "customer service" to mean the service a customer gets, then I don't see that "making it a more manageable experience for those who do decide to park there" _isn't_ improving customer service.
    Is that from the New Oxford Essential Corporate B*ll**ks dictionary;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals