We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Growing in a communal garden?

Options
bodmil
bodmil Posts: 931 Forumite
Hi all,

I've just bought my first home, a flat with a communal garden which is currently totally over grown and seemingly not used at all. There's quite a big patch of grass and big beds that are full of what look a lot like weeds at the moment!
I'm totally new to gardening but would love to have a go at growing some fruit and veg and it seems like I would only be improving the current garden so I hope I won't run into trouble with a weed lover (?!)

Has anyone had any experiences of gardening a communal patch? I won't get stuck in straight away and would start off with a small area, hopefully I can see people in the hall way and propose the idea and gauge the reaction, but is there any further advice?

Comments

• Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could you put a notice up in the hallway asking for a Saturday meet at the garden to discuss plans?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure