Hsbc bank charges

Options
Hi there just wondering if anyone could offer some advice.

I sent a letter to HSBC on the 9th July about recaliming back charges from the last 4 years under hardship totalling £4300.I also sent in the 4 years worth of statements. I explained that i have a disabled son who both me and my partner have had to give up work for and also my own health problems which have contributed to our hardship plus a few other things i pointed out in the letter.

I phoned HSBC today after looking at my online account and noticing they had refunded £125 of charges they said that my complaint had been dealt with and that's all they could offer me obviously this isn't enough at all and the guy i spoke to had re-opended the case as of today to be looked into. I also recieved a letter today confirming they have refunded the £125 and basically saying that's all i'm going to get and i could refer my complaint to the Ombudsman.

In the letter it say's they have reviewed the last 2 months of bank activity and can't see that any unfair charges have been made to my account. I'm expecting a phonecall tomorrow to probably say everything they've pretty much said in the letter.

I've forwarded my complaint to the Ombudsamn anyway (may aswell get the ball rolling) and they've taken my details and are sending out some forms for me to fill out.

Is there anything more i can do? I don't feel HSBC have taken my reasons of hardship into account and just think that i find their bank charges 'unfair'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure