We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

car hire cancun

Morning all
Can anyone recommend a good car hire company at Cancun airport?

I had a hire car years ago that that got hit in the collection carpark by another holiday maker in a hire car from the same firm. They reversed into my car whilst I was sitting in it before I had even taken the brake off!!

The car rep who was still standing next to the car filling in paperwork refused to give me another car insisting that I had to claim on the insurance, which had an excess of £750!!!!.:eek: Well I told her what to do with that. To cut a long story short we hired via another firm and got our money back from the original lot.

But that has always made me check for recommendations from other people before I book.

Thanks

Comments

  • poe.tuesday
    poe.tuesday Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    I used Avis when I was in Mexico, didn't get it from the Airport though but they were a good company, just ensure you check the car out first and just take it easy when driving in Mexico, it's easy but look at what the locals do adn don't drive at night in the jungle roads as you can't see anything, also watch out for their speed humps that are called topes, they can be lethal
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks poe.tuesday
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.