Special Delivery 9:00 am

Options
Hi, I was just wondering what is the latest time I have to get my parcel to the post office in order to use special delivery 9:00 am.
--><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, I was just wondering what is the latest time I have to get my parcel to the post office in order to use special delivery 9:00 am.

It depends on your post office, they will have a cut off and unless you are very rural it will probably be around 4-5pm.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Sugar_Coated_Owl Posts: 12,379 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks soolin, much appreciated.
    --><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Best to check with your local office - I live near central london, and quite a few of my smaller local offices have a 2pm cut-off.
  • Crowqueen
    Crowqueen Posts: 5,726 Forumite
    Options
    Our cut-off-time - and we are so rural there is still a ford round the back of the village - is 4.30.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    In case the item is going to certain parts of London, be advised that Royal Mail are not accepting parcels for delivery in designated areas for 9am guaranteed special delivery.

Actually, they are currently. The restrictions are in place from 23 July to 17 September and equally the Special Delivery 1pm service is not guaranteed in certain parts of London for the same period.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

same cut off as 1pm SDs.
    last collection dependant
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family