We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Haven Holidays - In trouble?
havekidsamskint
Posts: 107 Forumite
Hi,
someone posted on the freebies section that Haven holidays is in trouble just now. Have any of you heard this? I'm due to pay the balance of my summer holiday this week and I'm now a bit wary.
Any help is appreciated, I won't be around until tomorrow to check for replies so thanks in advance
someone posted on the freebies section that Haven holidays is in trouble just now. Have any of you heard this? I'm due to pay the balance of my summer holiday this week and I'm now a bit wary.
Any help is appreciated, I won't be around until tomorrow to check for replies so thanks in advance
0
Comments
-
If you are worried make sure you pay on your credit card.0
-
Stranger things have happened I know but they are part of a big group called the Bourne Leisure Group its probably just hear say. I have gone through all the Travelmole recent news and cant find anything but like previous posters said if your worried and its more than £100 pay by credit cardIf you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel0
-
I couldn't find any info by googling, except for this - http://www.workplacelaw.net/display.php?resource_id=8284
Why don't you PM the poster on the freebie board and ask what he/she has based their statement on. It might just have been a throw away remark on their part which is worrying you unnecessarily.0 -
Haven Holidays have just given away a load of free holidays last week, I was one of the lucky ones who managed to book a freebie holiday thanks to seeing the post on the freebies site.
I don't think they are in trouble, i think it was just a clever advertising campaign to fill up their parks at quiet times, with the hope that people will want to book to go back in the future. People who missed out on the free holiday were offered discounted holidays instead, so I'm sure the offer of free holidays was just a marketing campaign. They know that they make enough money out of you once you get there anyway to be able to offer a certain amount of freebies.
But as previously suggested, if you are at all worried pay the balance with your credit card and then you will be covered.
I'm sure everything will be fine, and I hope you have a good holiday. Lisa x0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards