We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
hand luggage only - liquid in poly bag ?
anne15
Posts: 125 Forumite
Hi,
I am flying in April with hand luggage only - I am planning to put my mini toiletries in a see through zipped make up bag.Its the right size but has depth rather than flat as a poly bag would be.
Has anyone else done this / know if it will be ok ?
Thanks
Anne
I am flying in April with hand luggage only - I am planning to put my mini toiletries in a see through zipped make up bag.Its the right size but has depth rather than flat as a poly bag would be.
Has anyone else done this / know if it will be ok ?
Thanks
Anne
0
Comments
-
Hi,
I am flying in April with hand luggage only - I am planning to put my mini toiletries in a see through zipped make up bag.Its the right size but has depth rather than flat as a poly bag would be.
Has anyone else done this / know if it will be ok ?
Thanks
Anne
I booked a flight last night (for Easter hols) and chose the hand luggage only option (I get fed-up of waiting for luggage. Mine Is usually the last off the plane) I've never travelled with only hand luggage before and it's a bit
confusing with all these new restrictions. All I know is, the max weight you can carry in liquids - per item - is 100ml. This must be presented at the airport passenger security point in a transparent re-sealable bag. I hope this helps.0 -
For just over a pound, you can get about 5 of the correct sized bags from ebay if you want to make sure.
Yes, 100ml is the max if flying out of the EU, but only 90ml (3floz?) if coming back from the US.0 -
The new rules on liquids and hand baggage can be found on the BAA Site.
Basically liquids must be in no greater quantities than 100ml and only those that can be fitted in to a clear resealable plastic bag ( I would suggest a zippy bag - you can get them from most supermarkets and also the £ shops) with dimensions no greater than 20 x 20 cm (8" x 8").
Hand baggage now has maximum dimensions of 56 x 45 x 25 cm (22" x 17.7" x 10") Airlines may have smaller dimensions they permit though, so you need to check.
When I flew through Heathrow last week they were very strict on passengers complying with these requirements.
The above, only applies to hand (carry on) baggage. You can still pack liquids (any volumes) in checked baggage, the only restriction being the size, weight and number of pieces of baggage your airline stipulates/permits for the class of travel you have booked in.0 -
I flew through Liverpool this weekend and got a hard time because my stuff was in a sandwich bag with a sticky down top not a zip lock, they let me keep it in the end, but it was a hassle.
There were lots of people having stuff confiscated and thrown away.
Also, I didn't realise there is an upper limit, so it is 100ml per product, but 1 litre altogether. Luckily I mainly had 50ml containers, because I'd have been over the 1 litre limit otherwise.When I had my loft converted back into a loft, the neighbours came around and scoffed, and called me retro.0 -
We went through Liverpool last week, and the guy on security made me squash my handbag into my rucksack - "only one piece of hand luggage". The handbag is one I use on holiday as it is flat, and the rucksack is small. Coming back through Ciampino, my daughters got through with a can of sprite and a bottle of water! At Manchester my husband has got through with a plastic bag with a little plastic slide on.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards