We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

"Sound of Music" understudy now

As from early April, Connie Fisher will not be in the Sound of Music on Mon evenings and Wednesday mats. Our daughter has three seats in front stalls for Wed Aug 1st matinee.

Does anyone know what recourse we have if we choose not to see the replacement. Are we entitled to refund?, or change tickets?

We would only want to see ms fisher

Comments

  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,569 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Did you tell the seller that when you booked the tickets? ie - was it a condition of sale? If not, then you purchased tickets to see the show, not an individual performer - go and enjoy it, don't stress over what might have been....
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,760 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    On teletext last night I am sure it said they will exchange tickets if you particularly wanted to see Connie but you may have to wait a while for a show where seats are available.

    The understudy is one of the girls who was in the TV programme although not in the top three.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6471561.stm
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,470 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    islandman wrote: »
    We would only want to see ms fisher

    What if Ms Andrews did a one off, you'd want to see her!

    Went to see Evita with the understudy and she was outstanding.

    I fear more problems with Grease and Joseph soon.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • alison74
    alison74 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    "Fans were told they could swap their tickets for alternative dates if they were unhappy at missing the show's stars"


    I would leave it as it is, you can bet that the understudy will sing her socks off since this is her one chance to shine !!

    I am sure that Connie wishes she didn't have to miss performances, her voice is under threat !
    ****************************
  • I think the show is fully booked until November - so if you want to change or re book you will have a long wait!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I've a bit more info. The tickets were bought from an agency, www.seetickets.com which is a combination of the "really usefull" company and two others. I've read the T&C and it would appear that no exchages/refunds are given unless it is the star of a concert, ie Bassey etc. I would think. I've emailed my daughter with the info as she bought them. I await the response. It's my guess we will have to keep them.

    This is the problem with wanting to see "headliners". I know Connie Fisher isn't in this catorgory, but I have eben fortunate is seeing live ,The Beatles, Ginger Rogers, Sammy Davis Jnr , Shirley Bassey etc. I think there are others, but those will do for now.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    encouraging email suggests we CAN exchange tickets. Seems we have to forward a few details. Only problem is, my daughter has hidden tickets here in our house and I don't know where and my wife is unaware of the surprise. She keeps asking why my phone is text bleeping and I'm blaming poor old vodaphone for wanting to upgrade!
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.