Just had visit from DWP Customer Compliance Officer - Worried

Options
13»

Comments

• skintmacflint
    skintmacflint Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2012 at 4:42AM
    Options
    Edit - sorry ignore this post mandiskem , didn't notice it was a new question on an older thread.

Did you put a post on the Debt Wannabee forum for help with the unaffordable debt repayments. There is so much you can do to improve this situation. And also to check interest isn't accruing on the court ordered debts where a charge order ahs been allowed.

Appreciate you're probably stressed out re the benefit compliance question etc, but can't stress how important it is you get some help in writing to creditors to get your repayments reduced until you're situation has improved. It's possible to reduce all your repayments , even the court judgement and charging order payments if you get the right advice.

Hope things work out.
  • mandiskem
    Options
    No i didnt nothing to do with debt lol its to do with dwp. Sending. Letter out about a benefit they are currently paying me my incap bemefit ran out in may they r still paying it but im wondering if the customer compliNce offlcer is coming oht fo that
  • ThankUMrJones
    Options
    I have a compliance officer coming tomorrow to visit me - I currently receive Job Seekers Allowance. I didn't think I had been doing anything wrong as I've always declared every penny (maintenance payments of ex is the only income I have other than benefits) but I am now feeling a bit worried as there has been some work done on my house which has been paid for by my father. None of the money has gone into my bank account and its all been paid for by cheque by my dad. We've got all the invoices and obviously all the cheque stubs and any statements of his bank account etc... but it hadn't occurred to me that this might not be allowed until tonight.

There are no boyfriends on the scene and haven't been at all. The building work is the only thing I can think of that might be a problem. The house isn't rented I've owned it for 16 years (its still in joint name with my ex husband until I can somehow give him £15,000) to buy him out.

Can anyone advise me?
  • ComeTheRevolution
    Options
    Could be someone who knows you're on benefits is questioning how you can afford to do up your house.

I had a compliance officer contact me because they had 'received information'. I told them my situation and they were quite happy. That was a couple of years ago so I'm not sure if things have changed but my impression was that they had to follow the information up but weren't looking for problems.

Just tell them how it is.

You've asked your question on quite an old thread, it may be worth starting a new discussion on a thread of its own so that the people on here with their finger on the pulse can access your questions speedily.

Having read from the beginning, I'm hoping the original O/P is having an easier time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure