New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Halifax: House prices increased in June

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
8 replies 1.5K views
MSE_GuyMSE_Guy MSE Staff
1.7K posts
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
"House prices are showing a "marked improvement" and are likely to remain stable during the second half of this year ..."
Read the full story:
Halifax: House prices increased in June

OfficialStamp.gif

This discussion is not in the 'discuss house prices and the economy' thread as that is only open to those signed in, so many coming from the news story may not be able to view it.

Replies

• londonlydialondonlydia Forumite
    414 posts
    Tally's with what I'm seeing in SE london/Kent, prices have visibly gone up in the last 5 months of searching where Ive been looking...
  • edited 5 July 2012 at 6:43PM
    HAMISH_MCTAVISHHAMISH_MCTAVISH Forumite
    28.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 July 2012 at 6:43PM
    Excellent news.

Land registry year on year positive, and Halifax getting closer.

House prices rising on most other indices now as well.

And of course, with rents at 5.5% per year of house prices on average, and mortgage interest at just 3.4% on average, renting is a very costly situation for most people.
    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie – deliberate, contrived, and dishonest – but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.

Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”

-- President John F. Kennedy”
  • James_NJames_N Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Try as I might, I can't see this small rise reported on the

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/

Can anyone tell me why? is it too small to notice? Funny, that, I thought Brit1234 noted every 0.1% fall religiously.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • HAMISH_MCTAVISHHAMISH_MCTAVISH Forumite
    28.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    James_N wrote: »
    Funny, that, I thought Brit1234 noted every 0.1% fall religiously.

Well that's certainly the only time he updates his signature. :)
    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie – deliberate, contrived, and dishonest – but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.

Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”

• James_N wrote: »
    Try as I might, I can't see this small rise reported on the

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/

Can anyone tell me why? is it too small to notice? Funny, that, I thought Brit1234 noted every 0.1% fall religiously.

She's probably nursing her losses from having piled in her funds in a speculative punt into gold last September.

Down from $1900 per ounce then to well under $1600 now. That's really got to hurt!

:rotfl:
  • In all seriousness though, it is good to see the majority of indices now showing that the house price rises that London has experienced since the bottom of the house price crash in April 2009 are now starting to feed out across the rest of the UK.
  • HAMISH_MCTAVISHHAMISH_MCTAVISH Forumite
    28.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nollag2006 wrote: »
    In all seriousness though, it is good to see the majority of indices now showing that the house price rises that London has experienced since the bottom of the house price crash in April 2009 are now starting to feed out across the rest of the UK.

Most parts of the UK have been stable or rising for the last couple of years, and almost all parts of the UK remain at prices higher than 2009.

Some are even setting new peaks, and not just London.

• Most parts of the UK have been stable or rising for the last couple of years, and almost all parts of the UK remain at prices higher than 2009.

Some are even setting new peaks, and not just London.

There was a good article in the Sunday Times last week about the number of areas outside London now reaching new peaks.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support