Dertour Olympic tickets

Options
Not sure if I have the right area for this thread but here goes.:)

Bought 4 pairs of olympic tickets from the German retailer Dertour but now unfortunately my hub and I cannot go.I know I cannot resell them via the UK site but cannot find any info if I can send them back to Dertour or not.

Even if I could resell them via the UK legal site I would be down around £200 as this is face value.Seems unfair.

Anyone else sent tickets back to Dertour?

Comments

• nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do any of your friends, colleagues or neighbours want to go?
  • Blondie73
    Blondie73 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Tried that,too short notice or they carn't afford the extra costs of travel/accommodation ect.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not much help but if you buy tickets above face value from a 3rd party seller then this is the problem that you have.

If you could resell via the UK site for above face value prices then that would encourage touts to buy all the tickets then redistribute for massive prices.

Apart from trying to resell privately through not 100% legal means I don't see what else you can do.
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What about ebay?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Probably against the rules.
  • Blondie73
    Options
    Not allowed to sell them on ebay,but that would of solved my problem.

Apparently I can sell them to family or friends,but how do you define the word 'friend' in this day and age?I have many on the internet but never met in person,would that be illegal?
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why would Dertour want them back?

And why would receiving face value be unfair? (If you could get that for them)

You have circumvented the UK buying system to acquire tickets probably not for resale in the UK and are now moaning.
  • Blondie73
    Options
    No I'm not moaning.

The site I bought them off I saw on the news saying lot's of Brits were buying off legal foreign sites as they had a first come first served system as many Brits were fed up of the UK lottery system.They are allowed to sell to Brits because of the EU.

I just wanted to know if anyone had managed to return them or if they had a resell site like the UK.I just wanted what I had paid,no more or less.
  • transient
    transient Posts: 528 Forumite
    Options
    Hintza wrote: »
    Why would Dertour want them back?

And why would receiving face value be unfair? (If you could get that for them)

You have circumvented the UK buying system to acquire tickets probably not for resale in the UK and are now moaning.
    Not circumvented anything, Dertour are an official reseller for the German Market
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    transient wrote: »
    Dertour are an official reseller for the German Market

At this point we are still not part of the German market (however we might be in a year or so).

I have no problem with the OP buying tickets wherever they can but if you live by the sword.......

Anyway the OP shouldn't really have a problem offloading the tickets.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure