Car Insurance quote Cheat

Dear Sir
I had a quote from Money Super Market.com for £559.22 by Insure.co.UK.
End of the week when I wanted to pay for the policy, they said the price has gone up to £596.22. I asked why . They said the prices changes everyday .
I said its very unfair and he said nothing is unfair in The Insurance Industry .
IS THAT WRIGHT ??? CAN SOME ONE ANSWER

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Unless they promised to honour the quote till the end of the week you have no gripe.
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    This is from moneysupermarkets website "We ask providers to keep their quotes valid for a month. So you can then buy them for the price that you see any time within 30 days. This may also change if you re-run a quote if you have changed any of your personal data.Please also check the duration and the terms & conditions if there are deals on offer before purchasing."Complain to them.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Did you not save the quote reference number sand use that to get the policy at the original price?

Prices do go up and down, Mostly up. But generally i found quotes are honoured for 30 days. Has this changed?

Or did you get a 2nd quote which came out higher?

Not a fan of the comparison websites, They have not found anything cheaper for me yet.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• dwsjarcmcd
    dwsjarcmcd Posts: 1,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Whether a quote is guaranteed for 30 days (or any other period) depends on each individual insurer. Insure are part of Hastings who only guarantee their quotes when you get them, not after that. On some comparison sites, Hastings are very clear and say to get that price you need to buy there and then.

There is nothing to complain about and the prices can go down as well as up. There is no rule saying insurers must hold their prices for a set duration.
  • TDPIX
    TDPIX Posts: 263 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's not unfair. Some insurers freeze their prices once you get a quote (some for 45-60 days), whilst others don't.

Plus as others have said, prices can go down as well as up.
  • mikey72
    I've found quite often, with some insurers, if you revisit a quote, the price increases by £50 or so. I can't help but think, maybe, it's set so they realise they must be the preferred supplier, so add a bit more on, and see if you'll still bite. Always take out the quotes with a dummy name, and when you are ready to buy, go though in one go with the correct information, and buy immediately. To the op, try another quote, with a variation on your name, such as John B, rather than John. Don't go ahead though, use it to phone them, as John B may confuse the ncd paperwork.
  • forgotmyname
    I found that. Making slight changes to a policy to see if you can get an few extra £ off seems to backfire.

Higher premium.

I do what others suggest. Fake name and car to get my initial quotes. But that could backfire also. I notice some insurers do credit checks even for a price comparison quote.

• mikey72
    I found that. Making slight changes to a policy to see if you can get an few extra £ off seems to backfire.

Higher premium.

I do what others suggest. Fake name and car to get my initial quotes. But that could backfire also. I notice some insurers do credit checks even for a price comparison quote.

I've found Mickey Mouse has outstanding credit. It's as good at Mr eeeeeee's anyway.
  • Spiderham
    Spiderham Posts: 327 Forumite
    mikey72 wrote: »
    I've found Mickey Mouse has outstanding credit. It's as good at Mr eeeeeee's anyway.

I'd go for Scrooge McDuck; he must have an immense credit score.
  • forgotmyname
    A User and A Customer must be terrible then from the quotes i get :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure