PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

£50,000 property-do i qualify?

Options
2»

Comments

• dimbo61
    dimbo61 Posts: 13,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just a little thing you forgot to mention IE you intend to rent out the property.
    Now as others have said you need a BTL mortgage is you are renting out the property so go speak to a " whole of market mortgage broker who deals in BTL"
  • Graham_Devon
    Graham_Devon Posts: 58,560 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You haven't a clue whether the payments would be monthly / weekly....haven't a clue how much they would be.....yet are planning on becoming a landlord!?
  • giddypenguin
    giddypenguin Posts: 808 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fedster wrote: »
    I have also got another property,basically a family property which has gone down the generations which i am renting out.

They already are a landlord... not knowing how mortgages work doesn't impede your ablility to be a landlord. .
  • Niv
    Niv Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They already are a landlord... not knowing how mortgages work doesn't impede your ablility to be a landlord. .

I would disagree here, imo, it does impede your ability to be a landlord but it does not prevent it.
    YNWA

Target: Mortgage free by 58.
  • hoanggiao
    Options
    dimbo61 wrote: »
    With a £10,000 deposit on a £50,000 property you have a 20% deposit so you should get good mortgage deals and its 3X your income of £13K
    The mortgage you pay for a property is only the start.
    what about the council tax, gas/electric, phone/broadband, water, TV licence, repairs and maintenance.
    Making it your home with all the items you need such as beds,sofa,fridge/freezer, TV, even the kitchen table/sink all cost money when you first set up home.
    Look on ebay, freecycle, buy and sell etc for cheap goods
    Good Luck
    may this's helpful:cool:
  • dimbo61
    dimbo61 Posts: 13,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My post was for buying a home to live in.
    Many BTL lenders want Landlord investors to have an income of £25K+ a year and already own there own property ( therefore equity )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure