PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

warmer in bed

Options

Comments

• alyth
    alyth Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    Options
    brilliant idea, thanks so much for this thread, as I'm sitting in a victorian house with no heating or hot water due to a blockage in the new boiler that was installed 2 weeks ago........ I've got 3 fleecy tops on, and I was too scared to get undressed as the bed was going to be so cold, even with a hottie - I've got a few of those fleeces which I just use as throws, I'm going to wrap myself up in one in bed!

And pray that the pipes don't freeze as it's a force 10 gale and snow up here!
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i have a hugeeee fleece i just wear to bed! helps i can just throw it off when im hot, was thinking how i could keep my legs warm - youve just found the perfect solution, will grab one asap
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    as the old scout adage goes, one blanket underneath is worth two on top. so if you are really feeling the chill during this cold weather snap, put a fleece under the bed sheet - you'll be amazed at the difference it makes
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    Options
    skystar wrote: »
    HappyIdiotTalk, you are like me! I like nothing better than a nice cold bed.

My hubby hates the way I constantly have one leg out of bed and on top of the covers - thinks it's not normal :confused:

Tell you what, I'll come sleep with you, and you send your hubby round here and he can sleep with my wife. There! Everyones happy! ;)
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    as the old scout adage goes, one blanket underneath is worth two on top. so if you are really feeling the chill during this cold weather snap, put a fleece under the bed sheet - you'll be amazed at the difference it makes

When we buy a new duvet we always put the old one underneath the sheet and it really does add extra heat and comfort.....never thought of using a fleece until I saw this thread.

Pink
  • skystar
    skystar Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Tell you what, I'll come sleep with you, and you send your hubby round here and he can sleep with my wife. There! Everyones happy! ;)

A bit of good old-fashioned wife swapping ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just remembered as well.....years ago my mum (in her wisdom) decided to get me and my sister electric blankets for Christmas. She set them up on Christmas Eve so they were there for us going to bed.

Oh my god!! I thought I was going to die :eek:

My sister on the other hand ( who is always cold) had hers on all night and with a fleece blanket on top.
  • alyth
    alyth Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    Options
    I was as warm as toast last night, I took my fleecy blanket and wrapped it all round me, and actually got quite warm! So thanks again, and hopefully my heating will be fixed today, but at least I managed to sleep!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I`m half in and half out as well and it won`t be long before I`m sneaking the summer duvet into the duvet cover. I`ve already bought a cooler for the bedroom because the talk of a very hot summer scares me. lol My dh goes to bed in warm pjs and he`s got a fleece topper ready for his side of the bed and I hate it when he flings his leg onto my side and I`ve got no-where cool to put my hot limbs
  • sarerb18
    sarerb18 Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    Options
    I was as warm as toast last night, I took my fleecy blanket and wrapped it all round me, and actually got quite warm! So thanks again, and hopefully my heating will be fixed today, but at least I managed to sleep!

Hope the heatings OK now.

Thanks to everyone it was great to read the comments even the :naughty: ones.
    :D
    Sarer
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I now use the fleece blanket under the quilt when it's really cold, and put on a fleece jacket when I'm working, or on the computer etc. AND turn the heating down.

My flat is rather cold as it faces north and I have a continuous window in every room, each 4 yards across and 72 inches high. Even with double glazing, it can get pretty chilly. Yet by using fleece every which way, my gas consumption is minimal.
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure