PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

warmer in bed

Options
I did do a search and couldn't find where to put this so if it shouldn't be here sorry please move it.

I have just discovered the delights of using polar fleece as sheets.
I bought from Ikea very cheap blue polar throws and one very cold night sat watching television wrapped in one. When it came time to go to bed I couldn't part with it so slept under it and the duvet. It was like having an electric blanket. Imagine getting into a bed with pre warmed sheets.

Thought it was worth passing on. For those of us who are not spring chickens any more it's very cosy.
Night night.
;) Sarer.

Comments

• janeym8
    janeym8 Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my teenage daughters love their fleece under their quilt winter and summer so for young and old alike lol

janey xxx
    LIFE IS FOR LIVING-I`VE LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks, i will try it when elec blanket comes off later in the spring
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Options
    I do the same and the difference it makes is unbelievable. It can be freezing in my bedroom but red hot in my bed - yummy!
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sarerb18, last autumn I bought two fleece blankets in Morrisons, and soon realised the advantages of using one as top sheet - well just as a layer under my quilt. Nothing compares to it. So soft and snuggly and WARM!

Glad I'm not the only one! :)
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • frugalfairy_3
    Options
    These also make great presents for students going away from home for the first time into cold flats and halls. I have given two to my godchildren and they really appreciated them, as well as DD who loves to snuggle into hers while 'revising' etc ;)

As for me, well I'm way tooooo hot all the time these days, the idea of an extra blanket makes me steam at the thought at the moment :rotfl: :eek:

FF x
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    HappyIdiotTalk Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Options
    You women folk need to get some blood in your veins! I have to have the window open, radiators off and the thinest of summer quilts on the bed! And I still have to pop an arm or leg out every now and then to cool down! I'm dreading the summer!
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • skystar
    skystar Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    You women folk need to get some blood in your veins! I have to have the window open, radiators off and the thinest of summer quilts on the bed! And I still have to pop an arm or leg out every now and then to cool down! I'm dreading the summer!

HappyIdiotTalk, you are like me! I like nothing better than a nice cold bed.

My hubby hates the way I constantly have one leg out of bed and on top of the covers - thinks it's not normal :confused:
  • Simba_25
    Simba_25 Posts: 329 Forumite
    Options
    I must not be normal either then lol taht is exactly how i sleep!

I do use the polar fleeces when we are camping though!! fantastic
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I hate being too warm in bed, (Add me to the abnormal half in half out crew) I bought a warmer quilt and it's almost snuffocated me, I need a lighter one as at the mo I just end up throwing it off, but my sons both love their fleecies as we call them, they have had them since they were little. DS1 has blue checked one and DS2 has his dog one. Also get brought downstairs occasionally when they want to snuggle.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • trigger2
    trigger2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, we have fleece blankets on or in the beds here too. I got them from Aldi last year & the kids love them. Much cheaper than having the heating on so much !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure