Desktop Calendar Software with Reminders?

I'm trying to find a cheap, well, actually, a free, desktop calendar software package to install on my Dad's Windows 7 desktop computer which would remind him of doctor and other appointments with a pop-up window which he couldn't miss. He doesn't have Outlook on his computer and anyways I think the Outlook Calendar would be too complicated for him to use. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• banger9365
    banger9365 Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 June 2012 at 9:57AM
    look at gmail its got a calander and a load more things for free and if youi got an andriod phone it all works together
    there or their,one day i might us the right one ,until then tuff

• madmaz50
    madmaz50 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Try RMP3 from 'spacejock.com'. I've used it for years and it's superb and free (donations accepted).
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,809 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Best solution I've found is Mozilla's Thunderbird with the Lightning calendar add-on, which together are like a simplified version of Outlook - but free, of course.
  • kev225
    kev225 Posts: 122 Forumite
    I use Rainlendar, it's free and can be pretty much as complicated or simple as you want, doesn't look intrusive on the desktop either

http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php
  • Whatever1605
    Whatever1605 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you everyone for your great suggestions for a desktop calendar with reminders for my Dad.

I decided to go with Rainlendar Lite 64-bit as the calendar sits on his desktop and can't be missed as I downloaded the extra large calendar skin which has a font size suitable for him and the reminder alarms can be set minutes, hours or days in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure