Strange bid history..

Just checked other halfs account and he has sold an item - great! However, just looked at bid history and it seems odd;
Start price was 14.99, which i thought was met by bidder 1. However, a different bidder won the item and the start bid - according to the history, was £17?? Do they only show the final 3 bids now?
Or may i have imagined bidder 1 meeting the start price?

Comments

• mcwarre
    mcwarre Posts: 835 Forumite
    Can you post the item number????
    "Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed." Booker T. Washington

The Official "Why does everyone have 'Official member of....club'?" which tend to be stupid/irrelevant Society. Member No 1 (I am aware of the irony btw)
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just checked other halfs account and he has sold an item - great! However, just looked at bid history and it seems odd;
    Start price was 14.99, which i thought was met by bidder 1. However, a different bidder won the item and the start bid - according to the history, was £17?? Do they only show the final 3 bids now?
    Or may i have imagined bidder 1 meeting the start price?

it could be bidder 1 max price was beaten by bidder two
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm not sure what you mean, but the first bid placed will always be equal to the start price or above. If someone then comes along and bids higher that figure will increase in increments to their maximum bid. So, if the first bidder has £17 next to his name then that was his maximum bid but would only have shown as 14.99 until he was outbid. This is how proxy bidding works.
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure