Syron Tyres

spinybif_2
spinybif_2 Posts: 424 Forumite
Thinking of trying these on Toyota Prius, seem to get good reviews although only recently available in UK, anyone have any experience of them

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Tobster86
    Tobster86 Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If it's safe to assume that driving enthusiasm wasn't a major factor in your choice of car, pretty well any budget tyres should be fine unless you're doing a lot of miles.
  • spinybif_2
    spinybif_2 Posts: 424 Forumite
    You'd be surprised. Best car I have ever had. Driving 18,000 miles per year in comfort - never had to stop for a break with bad back which has always been the case previously. Next door neighbour has similar attitude to you - drives a diesel m sport at 55 mph to save fuel -60mpg which I get at 70mph, he paid extra for blue tooth, in car phone connection etc, who is having more fun ?

In the real world with traffic porkers and congestion in cities you can keep your flash cars, however I do need a good tyre hence the original question, the Michelin primacy are standard spec but do they really have any effect on mpg / longevity
  • GolfBravo
    GolfBravo Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2012 at 3:37PM
    If I'm not mistaken, Syron tyres are made by Nexen - Syron is just another private brand trying to maximise £££, they don't make any tyres, it's just a brand.

According to Auto Bild Michelin Primacy 3 is the best £ saving tyre: low rolling resistance, minimal wear with good wet and dry braking/handling characteristics (offer 7% better fuel efficiency than Syron/Nexen). So this explains why Toyota fit them in the first place.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

EDIT:
    In fact Auto Bild also did a test of Syron Race 1, and this is the result (Google translation):
    Syron Race1 • Braking distance from 100 km on a dry surface: • 37.8 m braking distance from 100 km in the wet: 54.2 m • Rating: Yellow - keeping careful distance. Especially in the rain and wet snow can be slippery. If possible, go with a larger margin of safety.
    "Retail is for suckers"
    Cosmo Kramer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family