Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It's Friday :j:j:j:j:j And Friday is when I do my weekly finances round up (and the business accounts), so here are this weeks scores on the doors (last week/this week/ + or - amount):

Business
    Overdraft: -£1910.01 /-£2790.01 -£880.00
    Barclaycard: -£8999.00 / £8999.00 no change

Business total: -£10,909.01 / -£11,789.01 -£880.00

Personal
    Overdraft: -£3620.69 / -£3330.00 +£290.69
    Tesco card: -£1608.91 / -£1744.70 -£135.79
    Egg card: -£3521.76 / -£3437.30 +£84.46
    Dental loan: -£1250.00 / -£1250.00 no change
    Post Office card: -£800.00 / -£790.00 +£10.00

Personal total: -£10,801.36 / -£10,552 +£249.36

Grand total: -£21,710.37 / -£22,341.01 -£630.64

That's not actually as bad as it seems :o It was pay day this week, so £1500 got transferred from the business current account to the First Direct account and I spent £500 on stock as well as £140 on the quarterly internet bill and 900 jiffy bags, so to only be £880 down on the business account after withdrawing over £2k is a pretty decent result. The personal accounts are moving in the right direction - I could have done without that oil bill, I'd have been over £500 in the green otherwise, but that's life. Tomorrow's PAD is going to be the Tesco card and then I can PAD it again on Sunday after the weekly shop goes on it.

Must dash now - I should be packing orders so I'm ready to go out to lunch with Mr Minx and mother in law, but the horses managed to escape into the long grass this morning and it took us 2 hours to re-do the fencing and get the electricity hooked up to it and then catch them, because they weren't keen on coming off it, so I'm just a tad behind today :D
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Oooooooh I'm not happy with Barclaycard this morning :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I'm one of those unfortunate Egg customers who got sold, the Egg card in my personal debts list has been a Barclaycard for some time, but I still think of it as the Egg card to save getting mixed up. The direct debit was due out yesterday and was taken. This morning I get an email notifying me that there's a new statement available, which is normal enough, except they've moved the payment date and will be taking another £70 on July 31st :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: So I'm going to have to be quite careful with the Payment A Day-ing to make sure there's enough in the First Direct account for that and the TV licence the day after before the transfer from the business account clears on the 1st. Gits.

Since we were in town yesterday we did the shopping, so only one PAD to the Tesco card today. I'll make a rounding payment to the Egg card tomorrow and the mortgage on Monday and then everything's rounded off. Quite chuffed with the shopping yesterday, we usually spend between £80 and £100 a week (for two of us :o) but yesterday it was £54.72 which I got down to £43.28 with coupons (could have had another £1 off, but I missed the cheese one - must remember to use that before it expires next week) and £27.50 of that was Mr Minx's whisky and soda (he was in savvy shopper mode yesterday and spotted that the 75cl bottle of Whyte & Mackay was at a cheaper price per litre than the 1l bottle, so got two of those instead). We still split the shopping 50:50 even though I don't drink, because he always pays the butcher's bill which is often £30 or more.

I'm having one of those days where I'm absolutely fed up and furious of owing money. I tried putting my two old mobile phones into the MSE checker this morning and it pretty much said they'd pay me NOT to send them in :rotfl: I'll keep the Blackberry as it's useful as an MP3 player (it stopped working as a phone two weeks outside warranty :mad:) and probably keep the RAZR for sentimental value, as it was central to me getting together with Mr Minx ;)

Mr Minx has gone out to try and get his spare chainsaw repaired, so I'm going to try and blitz this annexe - it's a bit of a mess.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    and probably keep the RAZR for sentimental value, as it was central to me getting together with Mr Minx ;)

In fact it's just struck me that it's 7 years to the day that I had my 'life is too short' moment and told Mr Minx I loved him! It had been a bit of a strange day, what with the tube bombings, we'd both been caught up on the edges of it and it made me realise that if I didn't say something and something happened to him I'd regret it for the rest of my life, despite being married to someone else at the time. A month later I left my first husband and the rest, as they say, is history :o
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Your doing really well :D

Hope you have a nice weekend :)
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Yesterday was a NSD, making it 4/31 for July.

The annexe is looking a bit better. I've got 2 years' worth of business accounts in lever arch files to put into the attic, which tells you how long it is since I turfed out that corner :o FedEx rang me on Friday to get my VAT number so they could clear some stock through Customs for me, so with a bit of luck I'll get a delivery towards the end of next week. (One of the downsides of living where I do - air freight from Guangzhou, China to East Midlands airport is about 48 to 72 hours. East Midlands airport to the north coast of Scotland - a week if I'm lucky, 10 to 14 days if I'm not :rotfl:)

I've also got some mystery stock on order from a wholesaler who doesn't normally sell beads - a friend tipped me off that they'd got a load in and they weren't selling too quick, so I've ordered one lot out of the 97 remaining to see what's in it (they're just selling them as 10kg packs) and may make an offer for the whole lot if it's what I think it is. Empire Beads shut up shop at the end of February and I suspect this is what they couldn't sell during their closing down sale.

Friday's Tesco Price Check has come back already and given me a voucher for £2.13 :) I'm very tempted to go into town and get some nibbles to watch the tennis with this afternoon, but using £5-worth of fuel to spend about £3 on crisps isn't really sensible! I think we have some onion rings in the freezer, so maybe we can have a carpet picnic of onion rings and cheesey chips instead - and I can make some cheese scones, that'll cheer Mr Minx up.

I've PADded the Egg card, despite it giving me all sorts of warning messages about being under the minimum payment. I shall be interested to see whether it now reduces the amount it's going to take on 31st July by the amount PADded or whether it still takes the full minimum amount shown on the statement.

That's enough of an essay for now, anyway. Off to rootle around the fridge for some lunch :D
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Bad news: this laptop did have a virus.
    Good news: I think I've managed to get rid of it.

I've spent the afternoon watching Andy Murray and entering more competitions. I've also remembered I've got about a fiver sitting in my poker account, so I thought I might start playing again. Don't worry, the original deposit was withdrawn years ago and I've been playing off winnings ever since, I have absolutely no intention of putting any more money into it.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    One €0.25 sit and go tournament played, my first poker in 7 months - came 3rd, won €0.50. Result! I need to get to £10 before they'll let me withdraw any of my money, currently on £5.96.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    The laptop's still playing up, so I've asked for help on Bleeping Computer, they've sorted me out before. Hopefully they can save it, because I really don't fancy having to use my phone until I can save up enough Amazon vouchers for a new one.

Only a £1 PAD today, I was hoping it was going to be £21.50 but Mr Minx hasn't put his half of the shopping into my account yet, so I can't count it!

It's going to be a busy week I think. I'm expecting anywhere between two and four stock deliveries, the first of which should turn up today, and quite a lot of it is new lines so it'll all need photographing and listing. Shame that I'm feeling so Monday-ish and don't want to do anything really, but I have orders to send out so I'd better get off my backside and get cracking :)
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Forgot to add, another NSD yesterday, now 5/31 in July. The second load of laundry is on, the bin has been dragged up the drive and a third of the orders are packed up. It's looking horribly grey out there - I wanted to ride this afternoon to try and cheer myself up a bit, but you can't put a saddle on a soggy horse :(
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Mr Minx forgot about the shopping money yesterday but says he'll transfer it in his lunch break today - I've made a £1 PAD just in case he forgets. Another NSD yesterday, 6/31.

The business account is looking very healthy this morning, which perked me up until I checked it against my cash flow sheet and realised that neither my accountant or the supplier I paid last week have cashed the cheques I wrote, so there's nearly £900 more in the bank than there should be. That said, even if I take no more money for the rest of July (unlikely!), all the business bills for the month are covered, as are my £1500 drawings for 1st August. However, I could really do with another £6,000 - £1k for the Horrible-Interest-Rate Barclaycard, £2k for the VAT bill due at the beginning of August and £3k to order some chains.

Off to investigate annual VAT accounting to see if it'll get me out of the £2k VAT payment for now (I've not submitted the return yet). My VAT payments are extremely lumpy - last year's varied from a £750 refund to a £3,500 payment, so putting it onto direct debit and spreading it over 9 monthly payments with a balancing payment in May would be a real help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure