We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Paying in Dollars from Natwest account

I am going to Vegas in november and am planning a day trip to Los Angeles. The most economical way is to fly and buying the tickets from a US based airline company called Southwest. Now my question is the flights cost $106(dollars), does anyone know how much I will get charged for using my debit card (Natwest) and will I get charged from Southwest airlines for using a UK debit card. I can't seem to find this info on the Natwest website.. Thanks for any help in advance.

Vince

Comments

• reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    edited 27 June 2012 at 10:40PM
    Natwest site from first google link "Transactions abroad
    Cash withdrawals

Purchase of currency or traveller's cheques using a Visa Debit card
    Point of sale transactions
    2% (minimum £2, maximum £5)
    2% (minimum £2, maximum £5)
    £1.25 per transaction
    Any transaction in a foreign currency is converted into sterling at our prevailing exchange rate and a transaction fee of 2.75% is subsequently applied for debit card transactions. This fee is known as the Exchange Rate Transaction Fee (ERTF)."
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    would consider renting a car instead...by the time you add in getting to the airport before your flight (LAS has a 2-hours before departure recommendation), flight, arrival, getting where you actually want to go from the airport etc...it won't be that much different than driving, I wouldn't think, in terms of time...even with petrol, can't imagine it would be that much different in terms of price either...and then you could go at your own pace, leave when you want, come back when you want.

It is a very straight-foward drive - only slightly hairy bit (to me) was the roads around (not in) LA and that wasn't too bad either.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.