Is this cheapest Frontline flea for cats?

Options
I wanted to ask quickly if this deal I found today was the cheapest for Frontline cats flea treatments...

Co-op pharmacy website has 6 pipettes on offer for £16.74
co-operativepharmacy.co.uk/Frontline-Spot-On-Cat-6s/id-3266731

Their facebook has a coupon code CPFB21 for £5 off orders in the co-op pharmacy over £25
facebook.com/TheCooperativeFood

The co-op website has free delivery on all orders over £20
co-operativepharmacy.co.uk/Basket

So, buying 2xFrontline 6-packs = £33.48. Minus £5 discount code = £28.48. No delivery cost.

Works out price per pipette = £2.37 (includes VAT). This seems like a very good deal, and I can get co-op member points online too.

I need to order Frontline soon, can anybody best this deal as I Frontline is expensive and I don't wanna spend any more than I have to?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows anywhere Frontline is cheaper,
BlueGaga

Comments

• bluegaga
    bluegaga Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry it said I not allowed to post links as I'm new user maybe someone can check them out and post them for me? Thanks
  • bluegaga
    Options
    I've tried alternatives and my cats still had flees! I was not at all happy so I'm only using Frontline as never had a problem with that. I just checked on AniMedDirect (used them several times before) and their current price for 6 pipettes is £17. So that works out £2.83 per pipette with the same free delivery.

So co-op pharmacy is still 48p cheaper per pipette (that's a big difference!) I don't have any AniMedDirect coupon codes to bring their prices down, are there any available at the moment or is co-op the best deal this week?

From your post I can see that Frontline is only 7p per pipette more expensive than AniMedDirect's cheaper alternative. I think that's a good deal?

Thanks
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok- I always hear that Frontline is the one that does not work any more and most people have moved to Advantage...
  • bluegaga
    Options
    Ok- I always hear that Frontline is the one that does not work any more and most people have moved to Advantage...
    That's odd, for me it's the total opposite. One of my mates said that Effipro was ok but I tried that too and had flees back within a week! I even did a total flea treatment on household carpets and their bedding and everything.

With the cats going out a lot more now I'm keen to be preventative rather than reactive so I need to use something I know works for my lot.
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Of course, if it works for you, or even better for the cats ;) - stick to it.

Effipro is exactly the same as frontline so strange it did nto work when frontline did...
  • andrew-hilton
    Options
    I hate flees I had it myself, poor cats :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure