MSE News: NatWest/RBS customers targeted by fraudsters

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: NatWest/RBS customers targeted by fraudsters

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
4 replies 2K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
"NatWest, RBS and Ulster Bank customers hit by huge banking problems are now being targeted by scam emails..."

Replies

• AgricolaeAgricolae Forumite
    380 posts
    It's not exactly surprising that fraudsters are targeting a bank when they know people are desperate to access their accounts.

Common sense still needs to apply.
  • PincherPincher
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if a cyber policeman responds to the e-mail, and types in a honey trap account detail? The crook tries to transfer money into his account, which we track. When somebody tries to withdraw money from said account, we pounce.
  • shelllancshelllanc Forumite
    23 posts
    ironically I got a call from the natwest, saying my card and account had been closed as someone had been hacking my account. I am extra security conscious and never go through emails to enter details, nor do I log on online, very strange this happens now when they are in crisis!
  • bobblebobbobblebob Forumite
    917 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Always amazes me how people can fall for scams like this. Surely a million alarm bells should be ringing when they ask you to click on a link and enter your details? First one usually the bad spelling in the email
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support