We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI - First National Home Loans / GE Money / Pinnacle

Options
13»

Comments

• jessie15
    Options
    Hi, Does anyone have any further updates regarding this matter?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,669 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    which matter?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • InTheDrops
    Options
    Apologies for dragging up an older thread but a further development iro my original post;to recap I completed the standard forms & covering letters available on this site & sent to the various parties involved with my loan resulting in Cardif Pinnacle admitting my complaint was being upheld.

I received an interim settlement very soon after (last year).

It has taken a while (and in all honesty slipped my mind!) but this week I have received a letter with the final calculation to conclude the matter and the offer of an additional balancing payment!

It's been very easy to manage personally & I'd advise most people try this rather than using a 3rd party to act on their behalf.

And to the credit of Cardif Pinnacle, they have been very good in their communication & handling of the matter.

And finally, as I mentioned I bought the engagement ring & a holiday to Norway for us both; we got engaged in Feb under the Northern Lights :)

Very best of luck all.
  • GemLou_2
    Options
    InTheDrops wrote: »
    And finally, as I mentioned I bought the engagement ring & a holiday to Norway for us both; we got engaged in Feb under the Northern Lights :)

Very best of luck all.

Many congratulations to you on the success and your engagement. :beer:
  • JK28
    JK28 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi not sure where to post so thought I'd tag on the end of this, hope thats ok folks.
    Had a loan in 2004 with GE Money, Cardif Pinnacle being the underwriters. Paid off in 2008. GE accepted no responsibility for PPI, said broker was Karacus. Went to the FO, no jurisdiction as Karacus in Gibraltar. Attempted to claim off Cardif, said no. Left it a couple of months and decided to try again. Wrote to Cardifs CEO, Paul Glen, He was out of the office on leave but got a reply from Kirsten Morris, head of customer relations. Told her the story, didn't think was fair we'd never dealt with Karacus etc etc. After a week she came back saying that there was no proof Karacus spoke to us so decided to uphold!!!
    Now the tricky bit...thet got figures from GE and offered us £8,000 but only if it went towards arrears.(£40,000 loan with £6,000 PPI uploaded on top, paid regular at £388 p/m for 3 years then started getting into trouble, sold house and paid £32,000 to GE but theyt still say we oew £16,000) They will send us the money but it wont be £8000 it will be less as they need to see what we have paid towards the PPI policy. Ge paid our ppi to Cardif the day we took out the loan, the full £6,000. Surely thats what we should get back plus interest as its GE we got into arrears with not Cardif, they received their policy money.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as we're just waiting for them to come back with the new figures.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport