How long does IKEA kitchen take for delivery -easy to arrange for certain date?

Options
Want to buy an Ikea kitchen, have got a kitchen fitter booked for the start of august.

Can I go into store this weekend and book it to come at the end of July?

I know I can order online, but I don't know if all the offers are valid online.

Any advice?

Comments

• markdavey
    markdavey Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    You're best off going to your local store. Each store has its own local delivery company who have a desk down by customer services. They are paid separately. You take your picking list to their desk and they quote your for delivery, they will then collect from the warehouse and deliver it. They won't store stuff tho' so you will need to go nearer the time to order it.

EDIT: At least, that is how it worked when I ordered my kitchen last year from Milton Keynes...
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The instore delivery firm will apply only to a kitchen that is available to collect instore. Generally most of the cheaper kitchens will be available on the shelves, if you want one of the more expensive doors then you're kitchen will be delivered from Ikea's distribution centre by people in a little Ikea lorry.

I ordered the Askar style (now discontinued), was charged £30 delivery and it all came about a month later. I don't recall having much say on the date, but I got lots of advance warning. I guess it comes down to stock availability - I ordered during their 21% off day, so they were very busy.
  • osian
    osian Posts: 455 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks very much to both of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business