'I've a new ITV1 prime time show starting in September' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.

Replies

• penrhynpenrhyn Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone moving to ITV finds themselves in the twilight zone, ITV only ever had one decent programme that was set in Manchester, and that is a shadow of its former self.
    ITV the station with the antimidas touch! Childs and Bleakley say no more.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • wanchai_2wanchai_2 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Wow! Congrats Martin! :) This is shaping up to be a big year for you :D
    7 Feb 2012: 10st7lbs :( 14 Feb: 10st4.5lbs :D 21 Feb: 10st4lbs * 1 March: 10st2.5lbs :j13 March: 10st3lbs (post-holiday) :o 30 March: 10st1.5lbs :D 4 April: 10st0.75lbs * 6 April: 9st13.5 lbs :) 27 April 9st12.5lbs * 16 May 9st12lbs * 11 June 9st11lbs * 15 June 9st9.5lbs * 20 June 9st8.5lbs :D 27 June 9st8lbs * 1 July 9st7lbs * 7 July 9st6.5lbs :D
  • mehermeher
    15.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats and best wishes

Your name is the brand that people are familar with and trust, so not too sure if there is a need to change it. However if the point is to take away the focus from that, probably you could add on a tag each week on what the show would be about. For instance, if the talk of the day is about banking and saving with foreign banks in the UK - the itv guide could put it as the martin lewis money shwo - financial peace or something like that.
  • Ken68Ken68 Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt, Martin, they will let you rubbish their advertisers.
    So bound to be some sort of censorship.
  • penrhynpenrhyn Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Presumably the programme will be sponsored by Moneysupermarket.com.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Flat_EricFlat_Eric Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay ! Go Martin !! :T
  • January20January20 Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    21 minutes of material? with all the repetitions of what you will see after the ads, and then being told again what you have seen before the ads, more like only 15 minutes of real material needed! :rotfl::rotfl:

Shame it's on itv! It's such a rubbish, dumbed down channel, with little to challenge the brain!...
    LBM: August 2006 £12,568.49 - DFD 22nd March 2012
    "The road to DF is long and bumpy" GreenSaints
  • mkooomkooo Forumite
    329 Posts
    ✭✭
    penrhyn wrote: »
    Presumably the programme will be sponsored by Moneysupermarket.com.

Hmm haha :P
  • mkooomkooo Forumite
    329 Posts
    ✭✭
    The problem is, and I have watched that thirftys programme, I know a lot of the stuff already, and find it boring. :P
  • January20January20 Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thriftys programme is just boring. It's such a cliche to have mrs Moneypenny or whatever she is called, wearing weird clothes (That hat!) and riding a bike everywhere! It's so fake. Like because she is a bit cookie, she is more interesting to listen to? Why not use an ordinary looking person? Is it because channel4/ itv viewers respond better to gimmicks?

Most importantly though, the tips are not great. I want to save money but I don't want to hammer holes in empty tins to make candle holders especially when the likes of Ikea do them so cheaply. I don't want to destroy a perfectly good black tee-shirt by "painting" something in bleach on it. Those tips are really not very relevant. The master-class on doing your nails cheaply was bad and the editing was painfully rubbish!

And yes, all the good tips (1-2 of them lol) I had already discovered here. Actually, I suspect that this website is where the programme makers got their inspiration and tips from!
    LBM: August 2006 £12,568.49 - DFD 22nd March 2012
    "The road to DF is long and bumpy" GreenSaints
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland