IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

toby carvery

Options
13»

Comments

• Bromley86
    Bromley86 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Arrogant jumped up powerless little toerag!

Or, alternatively, someone who was willing to do the right thing and keep an eye on the car in case someone else tried to issue a parking fine.

It's been pretty depressing reading this forum.
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    bromley86 wrote: »
    or, alternatively, someone who was willing to do the right thing and keep an eye on the car in case someone else tried to issue a parking fine.

+1 :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 June 2012 at 9:06PM
    Options
    Bromley86 wrote: »
    Or, alternatively, someone who was willing to do the right thing and keep an eye on the car in case someone else tried to issue a parking fine.

Really? When we are stopping people from falling for a scam which has already been outed on Watchdog and by Martin Lewis in the national press?

It's a forum for helping people not to be intimidated by protection racketeers. What's not to like?!

We are lovely people here - and we do NOT condone unsociable parking, before you get the wrong end of the stick. We just advise people not to fall for a complete con. And because we know what these companies are like (agenda = money, certainly NOT parking management) then no, we are not impressed by some jumped-up lackey in a high-vis vest feeling all powerful because he thinks he has the power to 'let people have 10 minutes' to DARE to set foot in the very shop the car park services! Lackeys who stupidly believe they have some power to issue 'parking tickets' for SCAMPARK UK LTD or whoever.

Nope. There is no good PPC except one that's already gone out of business.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Bromley86
    Bromley86 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    We are lovely people here - and we do NOT condone unsociable parking, before you get the wrong end of the stick.

Really? What about this recent thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4043007

"When, where, how did you ever sign a contract for parking with ANYONE? Never? Ok, so what are penalty charge notices based on? Nothing? Alleluia!"

So effectively everyone can park wherever and however they want? Maybe I've missed something, as I've only dipped into this, but it seems that sums up the general attitude here. Why shouldn't M&S be allowed to charge £2 to non-customers (established as the going rate by the council parking charges next door), and why shouldn't someone show a little gratitude when the person in the park offers to watch out for them whilst they run into the shop?

The alternative is a bloated public sector and that never ends well.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options

"When, where, how did you ever sign a contract for parking with ANYONE? Never? Ok, so what are penalty charge notices based on? Nothing? Alleluia!"

So effectively everyone can park wherever and however they want? Maybe I've missed something, as I've only dipped into this, but it seems that sums up the general attitude here. Why shouldn't M&S be allowed to charge £2 to non-customers (established as the going rate by the council parking charges next door), and why shouldn't someone show a little gratitude when the person in the park offers to watch out for them whilst they run into the shop?

I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the post you have quoted. The original poster had set out an entirely misconceived understanding of current parking law- both council and private. He has been repeatedly pulled up on this but persists - which is his prerogative - but misquoting him to justify a position that this forum advises people to break the law (or at least that seems to be the undercurrent) is unjustified.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

+ 1. A most uncharacteristic post from HW2010. Especially as PPC attendants have to issue enough tickets to cover their wages or else.

Again, we do not condone inconsiderate parking, nor not paying or overstaying in a pay car park.

However, we also do not condone the actions of the PPCs, and the complicity of the car park owners and DVLA.

The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • HardWorker2010_2
    Options
    + 1. A most uncharacteristic post from HW2010. Especially as PPC attendants have to issue enough tickets to cover their wages or else.

I stand by what I said. The 'attendant' is part of the problem - He's there to generate unjustified income for a rigged and crooked business. He has a non-job. If it wasn't for the attempted fraud he would have no reason to be there.

His comment 'I'll give you 10 minutes' shows that he thinks he has some real power. Either that or he knows the true situation and is happy to take part of the CCPs ill gotten gains as wages.

I suspect he and his employer contribute nothing to society.
  • boobyd
    boobyd Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maybe I am to laid back but..
    Go to said carvery, see ticketing machine, being good MSE er don`t bother with ticket ? have meal ,leave, take off begging letter from car, smile and go about the rest of my day.?
  • HardWorker2010_2
    Options
    boobyd wrote: »
    Maybe I am to laid back but..
    Go to said carvery, see ticketing machine, being good MSE er don`t bother with ticket ? have meal ,leave, take off begging letter from car, smile and go about the rest of my day.?

Safe in the knowledge there will be some free paper coming for the bottom of the budgie's cage. :beer:
  • Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2012 at 1:01AM
    Options

So effectively everyone can park wherever and however they want? Maybe I've missed something, as I've only dipped into this, but it seems that sums up the general attitude here.

Yes, you have misunderstood it. You need to do more than dip in and you will realise that what we challenge here are the unreasonable fees and penalties that these PPC's try to levy.

Bromley86 wrote:
    Why shouldn't M&S be allowed to charge £2 to non-customers (established as the going rate by the council parking charges next door), and why shouldn't someone show a little gratitude when the person in the park offers to watch out for them whilst they run into the shop?

We don't have a problem with companies charging for parking but we do have a problem when their agents try and represent themselves as having lawful authority and make unreasonable demands for penalties that are far in proportion of any losses they may (or may not) have incurred.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family